FedEx Corp has severed its relationship with one their largest Ground delivery contractor effective immediately

There is also a strike looming later this week among employees at the major railroads.

...The Presidential Emergency Board, whose duty was to help settle the contract impasse between unionized workers and the U.S. railroads, this week summarized the positions of railroads and labor unions in its report outlining its contract recommendations.

“The Carriers maintain that capital investment and risk are the reasons for their profits, not any contributions by labor................The Carriers assert that since employees have been fairly and adequately paid for their efforts and do not share in the downside risks if the operations are less profitable, then they have no claim to share in the upside either,” the report says....

I don't care what they do, this Christmas is going to be a huge mess, for both purchasing, (shortages), and shipping. I don't even want to think about the flying public, cancelled flights, nutcases flying, airport delays, etc.

The best place for Christmas this year, is staying home.
Yes home is where Christmas has been ever since the Mrs died. It is barely on my radar anymore. A few Xmas cards and a visit to the sibs is about it.

Ok. How do you know they get paid by the stop?
Express is paid by the hour and ground is paid by the stop. To my knowledge Spencer Patton gets X for each stop and y for each package he delivers. How he pays his people to deliver those packages I do not know.

All the FedEx drivers I worked with were paid by the day. $110 a day most days were 12 hours.

All the FedEx drivers I worked with were paid by the day. $110 a day most days were 12 hours.
That's crap. They would be better off working at Wal-Mart.

"The average wage of an hourly worker in a Walmart store in the U.S. was $14.76, which comes to between $25,000 and $30,000 annually for a full-time employee."

As someone in the business for 20 years, (I don't work for UPS or Fed Ex), UPS has far better, newer equipment, pays their workers MUCH better than Fed Ex, and UPS's drivers have a significantly better safety record. I know drivers that work at both companies, they are both treated the same (like a number). The Fed Ex folks are always trying to go to UPS, never the other way around. I have no dog in the fight, but from the outside looking in, I'd say UPS/Teamsters is doing something right, and Fed Ex isn't. Some folks stay with Fed Ex long term, but it is more of a job until something better comes along for most drivers, UPS on the other hand, once folks get that job, they hang on for dear life.
Newer equipment...for UPS? This is satire...right?

Back