Fed Up With Progressive's Snapshot Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched back to Progressive from having Erie for a long time, Erie had been way overcharging me and I should've shopped around much sooner but at the time I had home owners and car insurance but evidently Progressive will offer renters insurance but not for home owners. I eventually purchased a motorcycle and had to get coverage through another company as Erie doesn't offer coverage and Progressive was always high, I first went with Rider's for the first year but then I switched to National General as they were much cheaper, they used to be GMAC until the gov't wanted them to get out of the insurance & banking markets when they took the bail out money which is also the reason why we now have Ally Bank as well.

Since I've switched back to Progressive it seems that everytime the bill goes up, I pay in full for 6 months which is the longest term they offer me and yet it never goes down, the vehicles get a little older every year which should in theory make your bill go down. I've shopped around and for what they are charging me that no-one else even comes close, the closest was Geico but they wanted $100 more than what they are charging me. They will never give you an exact reason on the rate increases basically they only give you that the market conditions have changed. I've found they don't really want to give you time to shop around, I just renewed again and from the time I received the bill to know how much I was being charged for it wasn't even 2 weeks until the due date.

When I first switched back to Progressive from Erie they cut them by over 1/2 for the same coverage and I'm still saving a lot, I can't remember the exact numbers but if I was paying $800 to Erie that Progressive was less than $400. I even cutout my agent so now I'm just dealing with Progressive directly myself. I've wondered too myself that Progressive was offering such a ridiculously low rate to get you to sign with them and then slowly raise your rates overtime to get you where they want you to be. It doesn't make since over the past year with everything going on you keep hearing that people are staying home so they are driving less you'd think that insurance would go down with less people out on the road but mine never goes down.

It always pays to read the fine print on any of these policies. That way you educate yourself rather than looking for a better deal and then feeling like you were conned, misled, or whatever phrase one wants to use.

If someone is constantly felling like they are being taken advantage of then they need to look in the mirror and ask that person why.

The last time I got a rate quote from Progressive, they were $100 higher for six months' coverage than the insurance I had. That was about a 25% difference then. Why would I trust them with the Snapshot device? PS: Geico's quote was similarly higher. Those two companies gotta pay for all their TV and radio ads somehow.

Hello?
You do know that you cant compare ins rates with other people and you do know I said a "starting point" would be esurance.com not the holy grail.
I mentioned that in the past. I also mentioned I have different ins companies for my cars then I do for my boat, then I do for my motorcycle, then I do for my house. Thats 4 different insurance companies, low price wins. Here you are using a tracking device with Progressive and another strange company is coming in "about" $80 and you still haven't checked another half dozen companies.

Too many factors, one big factor is credit score, another is where you live or if any particular ins company wants you as a customer for whatever reason.
Just the fact that "you doubt" "about"? "think"? means you haven't spent 2 hours or more searching the internet for a better price from as many companies as possible who will give quotes online and that's ok, we all spend money or what we want. I just thought maybe since you were using this device hoping for lower cost you were looking to save money.

Just trying to help, you posted in a public forum. If you like Progressive at any cost that is fine, but you say your "fed up with them"- if so, switch companies, maybe Im not understanding the reason for your post, but the good news is, others who maybe dont care what company will now save money because of my post.
Hello?

Gee, I'm sorry. If only I could delete my posts, I surely would.
Sometimes it's a better idea to add people to your ignore list, since there is no block feature here.

The only thing I can gather from your replies to my posts here are insults and assumptions, and after insulting me you linked me to a site that offers an ins policy for $80 more a year than I'm paying with Progressive, and that's before I get my Snapshot device discount applied to it.
In the future, don't bother replying to my posts b/c I'm adding you to my ignore list. I don't appreciate your attitude or choice of words.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back