FCA 62te transmission whine

For 1300 Canadian I would pretty much do it as it’s much cheaper than getting another vehicle

the less miles you attempt to drive on this and tow it there instead the better

Reactions: JC1
For 1300 Canadian I would pretty much do it as it’s much cheaper than getting another vehicle

the less miles you attempt to drive on this and tow it there instead the better
Yeah it's parked at the moment. This dealer is about 35 miles away, so I'll have to use my CAA (Canadian AAA). Just figuring out when I want to take the time off work to get it dropped off.

Took a few days but the dealership called me back after they dropped the pan and took a look. Needs a torque converter and they are suggesting a new flex plate. I also buggered up a bolt when I did the pan drop 18 months ago, so they need to install a helicoil.

$1600 plus taxes all in, which includes the tranny service too.

Took a few days but the dealership called me back after they dropped the pan and took a look. Needs a torque converter and they are suggesting a new flex plate. I also buggered up a bolt when I did the pan drop 18 months ago, so they need to install a helicoil.

$1600 plus taxes all in, which includes the tranny service too.
What is wrong with the Flex Plate?

What is wrong with the Flex Plate?
Nothing, but on FCA vehicles they can develop cracks and then you need to pay all that labour to get it changed. Preventative maintenance since the tranny has been removed.

I don't know if the Ram trucks have issues with flex plates, but I've seen posting online for Dodge journeys and other caravans develop the issues with the flexplates.

Previous estimate over the phone was $1300 before he looked at it. This guy is pretty good, came recommended from Overkill.

Got the van back today. The drive home from this dealer is about 35 miles. Van shifted like a brand new vehicle. They reflashed the software and since I never the trans software reflashed since I bought it in Sept 2015, it felt flawless. Most of the drive was a highway drive, the wife was following behind and she was doing the speed limit (100 km/h - 62 Mph) so I only accelerated hard 2-3 times.

Got the van back today. The drive home from this dealer is about 35 miles. Van shifted like a brand new vehicle. They reflashed the software and since I never the trans software reflashed since I bought it in Sept 2015, it felt flawless. Most of the drive was a highway drive, the wife was following behind and she was doing the speed limit (100 km/h - 62 Mph) so I only accelerated hard 2-3 times.

Glad to to hear!

Big thanks to you for the referral. Now I can find something else to keep me awake at night!
You are quite welcome
cheers2.gif

Back