expo584_sm.jpg

Nevermind the fact that it made all of 115hp out of a fuel injected 6 cylinder

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
The first ever pony car was a fish:

ase-65-barracuda02.jpg

I also like the MKI Supra.

expo584_sm.jpg

Nevermind the fact that it made all of 115hp out of a fuel injected 6 cylinder

I LOVE that silver Supra next to it!!!!! My cousin had a brand new fully loaded white 1983 model :^)

Originally Posted By: motorcity
[
An interesting unknown fact about the Caprice wagons. GM never took in consideration for the the extensive slop of the back window and the use of these wagons for funeral homes. And lost a big market with this design. A casket cannot fit in the back, with the liftgate window closed.

Typical GM thinking back then- they couldn't even make dead people happy...

Originally Posted By: Nyati
Got to be a SAAB 92. Get one of these and paint it Pepto Bismol Pink, and you're set.

saab-92-02_zps73eebcfc.jpg

That's so ugly it's cute...

Originally Posted By: MCompact
[
An interesting unknown fact about the Caprice wagons. GM never took in consideration for the the extensive slop of the back window and the use of these wagons for funeral homes. And lost a big market with this design. A casket cannot fit in the back, with the liftgate window closed.

Typical GM thinking back then- they couldn't even make dead people happy...

Bahhh a couple bungy cords could fix that...

Still, just think how many urns could fit in that thing...

Originally Posted By: Nyati
Got to be a SAAB 92. Get one of these and paint it Pepto Bismol Pink, and you're set.

saab-92-02_zps73eebcfc.jpg

I've always wanted one of those, they sound like my old snowmobile

Originally Posted By: Stelth
1991 Chevy Caprice, especially the wagon. It looked like a futuristic sort of concept car from the 50's, maybe a hovercraft. The wagon looks like the ultimate swing-and-sway land yacht.

Chevrolet_Caprice_wagon.jpg

I would totally drive one of these, especially with the 350.

An interesting unkown fact about the Caprice wagons. GM never took in consideration for the the extensive slop of the back window and the use of these wagons for funeral homes. And lost a big maket with this design. A casket cannot fit in the back, with the liftgate window closed.

There are a few "budget" funeral homes around here that have these in the Buick clothing in use for hearses, one funeral home painted theirs gold. Ive never attended a funeral where any of these cars were used so I cant answer for the casket fitting or not. It appears though, that a different top was used in the hearse applications.
chevrolet-caprice-hearse-10.jpg

8224175010_bda44ef228_z.jpg

Gremlins and Mustang II's are two of my fave cars of all time.

Got attached to them growing up...

Originally Posted By: cjcride
Lunar Rover/Moon Buggy from the Apollo missions.

Heck no. Those had the beauty of pure function.

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Dodge_copperhead.jpg

Can't forget about this one.... Oh wait yeah you can.

I almost forgot about this one! I have a 1/18th scale model of this car from back when the concept came out. FWIW, Chrysler made some pretty cool (and somewhat odd looking) concepts over the past 2 decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back