Favorite TV show filmed/ produced in Canada?

My kids love Dino Dana. For me, Schitts Creek, Letterkenny, and dare I say- various seasons of Love it or List it.

SCTV. Launched legends John Candy, Eugene Levy, Martin Short, and others. It really rivaled or beat SNL for hilarity and originality.

Wasn't Kids In the Hall Canadian?

As for the others in this thread, never heard or seen them except Schitt's Creek which I tried to watch and totally un-funny. I could not even get thru season 1. Really dumb. Surprising too, I like Levy and that female lead, who are in many Christopher Guest films which are excellent.

Does anyone remember The Sentinel ? Filmed in Vancouver although the series was set in a fictional city in Washington state.
Filming in Vancouver offered considerable savings over filming in the Los Angeles area where the unions and cities where location shots were done always have their hands out for their cuts.
It was from the same team that created the original 1990 TV series with the comic book characterThe Flash

SCTV. Launched legends John Candy, Eugene Levy, Martin Short, and others. It really rivaled or beat SNL for hilarity and originality.

Wasn't Kids In the Hall Canadian?

As for the others in this thread, never heard or seen them except Schitt's Creek which I tried to watch and totally un-funny. I could not even get thru season 1. Really dumb. Surprising too, I like Levy and that female lead, who are in many Christopher Guest films which are excellent.
I think a lot of the SCTV stuff has stood the test of time better than SNL. Steve Martin's comedy was a sensation and we all could repeat it from memory, but listen to it now and it's mostly stupid - a lot of the SNL stuff is like that (although still a lot of classics from that show.

A little OT, but one of the funniest SNL sketches was "The bad news bees" when Walter Matthou was the guest host. I've tried to find it online with no success.

Completely agree. Murdoch mysteries is just incredible with amazing writing/scripts and a great attention to historical detail
And great background music / very suspenseful at times.
As far as the historical detail, you must mean the buildings, cloths, cars and horses / all are great.
But, the show does rewrite history (inventions) in a comical way.

And great background music / very suspenseful at times.
As far as the historical detail, you must mean the buildings, cloths, cars and horses / all are great.
But, the show does rewrite history (inventions) in a comical way.

Oh yes, I completely agree. It’s a fictional series of course but I think they do a good job of trying to have fun with history without totally trampling over it. But yes, it’s the details they get right such as the early bicycle and automobile tires being white in colour instead of black and showing such things as wooden sidewalks in Toronto in the early years of the series before the sidewalks become paved. The fact that most of the medical equipment shown in the series whether in a hospital or in the city morgue is Porcelain coated steel in place of the stainless steel that you would see in such places today. It takes extraordinary resources and hours to research and collect all of the props that are used in so many of the series scenes. You can see a similar effort at this but on a much larger scale and budget in the movie Titanic. For the Murdoch series, the special effects have also improved over the years when they show actual heritage buildings in downtown Toronto and then overlay digital versions of the rest of the city as it would have been 100 years or more ago.

Reactions: GON
There was one about a Mountie and a dog. Then there was ice road truckers. I don’t know why, but watching trucks driving the ice roads and frozen lakes was addicting. I think Holmes made things sometimes his own way better than code.

Back