Favorite Polish/Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've become a fan of Mothers products lately. Been using the plastic polish on my motorcycle windshield for years and started using it on my headlight lens. Lots of sun where I live and no discoloration of the lights at all when used occasionally.
Their wax seems to last as long as any other I've tried and can be found at PB.
YMMV

Originally Posted By: Blokey
As I alluded to in another thread recently, Collinite 915 is quickly becoming my favorite wax.

Just ordered a can of 915 based on all the positive remarks in this thread. Looking for something durable ... will give it a try.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
I've used Meguire's 'Gold Class' wax for a few years now, and I've always liked the results. The finish seems to last awhile too, since the paint beads for quite a few months after I apply it. My car is never garaged, so a durable wax is important to me.

X2
thumbsup2.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just waxed my CTS coupe today using the Meg's Ultimate pase it really looks good. I have always used Gold Class but I thought i would try this out and I am impressed at how little you use, and how nice it goes on and off.

Amos

Originally Posted By: joaks
I like megs ultimate wax paste. Looks good, good durability, and easy to use. Avail anywhere too.

I like the results that I got from applying Collinite #915 on my red Odyssey. Took longer and more effort to apply than the ICE liquid polish I previously used, but I like the smooth shine it produces. I'm not sure how durable it will be with the heat we have here in central Arizona.

Last edited:
Gold Class for me! Just has that "deep" look.

Last edited:
This is a topic I wouldn't give any advice on because I can F'up a paint job faster than a speeding bullet. I will wash my new truck, but I prefer my ratty old paint peeling 400K +mile truck that only needs to be washed about twice a year. Every time I wax some shiny paint I just seem to put swirl marks in it. I use a nice clean new microfiber towel to remove it, and the sponge that came with the Meg's to put it on. I've even tried washing it twice before waxing.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back