Favorite ATV brand?

burbguy82

$100 site donor 2024
I have been a Honda guy since I used to run 3 Wheelers in the deserts in and around Las Vegas. Still am. I have 2 2014 250 Recons, and by in large are unchanged from Hondas first driveshaft run 200 Big red 3 wheeler. From the rear, you really cant even tell a difference.

I don't ride anything except my truck anymore but I was a big Honda/Yamaha fan. Both brands were tied for unbeatable for decades.
Both made many a nice bike too.
Nice outboards also.

Honda by far; learned how to ride (and where not to go) on a 1984 TRX250, and have a 1995 TRX300FW and a 2017 Rubicon. Dead nuts reliable, easy to wrench on, and they always just start and work. I wouldn't mind Honda joining this century and putting a big twin-cylinder into the new Rubicon, though, as long as they stick with the mechanical transmission and don't ruin it by going to a CVT.

Most of the guys we hunt with have switched over to SxS, but they're too big (and expensive) for me. One guy bought a new Cam Am Defender and it was a quiet fart away from $50k delivered. We've had to pull a few of the 4-seater Polaris school bus...eh...Rangers out of mud holes because they're just too long and low to run logging trails in WV.

I like my 2023 Polaris 570. Had to upgrade the wheels and tires of course (in the garage picture) .

20230210_151726_resized.jpg

20230210_151828_resized.jpg

20231211_185405_resized.jpg

Honda by far; learned how to ride (and where not to go) on a 1984 TRX250, and have a 1995 TRX300FW and a 2017 Rubicon. Dead nuts reliable, easy to wrench on, and they always just start and work. I wouldn't mind Honda joining this century and putting a big twin-cylinder into the new Rubicon, though, as long as they stick with the mechanical transmission and don't ruin it by going to a CVT.

Most of the guys we hunt with have switched over to SxS, but they're too big (and expensive) for me. One guy bought a new Cam Am Defender and it was a quiet fart away from $50k delivered. We've had to pull a few of the 4-seater Polaris school bus...eh...Rangers out of mud holes because they're just too long and low to run logging trails in WV.
Not sure what part of WV you are from but we have spent a lot of time riding there. I have family from Webster county. It used to be an atv hot spot until all the land got leased up.

Not sure what part of WV you are from but we have spent a lot of time riding there. I have family from Webster county. It used to be an atv hot spot until all the land got leased up.
Mostly mid/central state around Elkins. Never been down to run the Hatfield & McCoy stuff but it sounds fun.

A lot of the stuff we ride in is either timber or gas company lease property, but it's pretty country, except for those unexpectedly deep skidder track potholes...

Had an automatic trans 175 cc Bombardier I bought new & had quite a bit of fun with it. Did everything I needed & was not easy on it. That's been my only experience. I'd probably stick to the common name brands of big 4 wheelers today but even the big ones are too costly. I've seen big newer ones around $6-$8k & I'd have to go visit an offroad trail park to get any use out of it.

Found a link that talks about it.
https://offroadingpro.com/bombardier-rally-200/

I like my little 01 Suzuki Kingquad 300, for a utility machine. 3 ranges, lockable front diff and 5 gears, low CoG, and slow, and just works year after year with just oil and filter changes. The newer Honda machines are nice on the trails though!

I grew up with a Yamaha trike, (225dx) but currently own a can-am Outlander MAX 1000R. It's a great 2-seater and it moves. It has been good so far, but don't have a ton of hours on it.

Back