Favorite air pressure gauge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old digital gauge I keep in the car went out, and I need to replace it. Can anyone recommend a digital model that reads to 0.1 PSI? Prefer a model without backlight, so the battery lasts longer. Any chance of a USA made one? Under $20...?

I have an air gauge from Brookstone that is rubberized dial with a hose. I have had it for at least 15 years. It will never need a battery and is very accurate, I believe.

I seem to remember a thread from a couple of years ago, but I searched and read every thread topic in 'tool time' but found nothing.

Maybe I'll get the 2 for $30 ones at Autogeek.

Got a nice one from Griots Garage. Nice large gauge, locks on the valve stem and you can watch the pressure as you add air and even release excess air. No more putting in air and then checking the pressure seperately.

I built my own with parts from the hardware store. It locks on the stem and reads in 1/2 lb resolution. For the price of the parts I could have purchased one with the same features.

Not digital, but NOT battery operated either. Go to Harbor Freight Tools and look for the round dial gauge with a large white face. Easy to read and accurate to one half pound. Only 5.95 and dependable. I have had one for many years and it is still accurate. Comes in a plastic case.

I have a Moroso and a Longacre for my vehicles (analog not digital). I prefer analog for accuaracy and not having to change battery cells when they go dead. I have an analog Topeak in my rack pack for my road and mountain bikes with an adapter for shader and presta vales.

Last edited:
I habe a nice brass dial gauge from restoration hardware - made in USA, and about $15.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I habe a nice brass dial gauge from restoration hardware - made in USA, and about $15.

Is that Restoration Hardware gauge made by Accu-Gage? Do they still carry them? I have not seen it at the store.

I have two tire pressure gauges a pencil type and a digital one. My digital gauge is a Good Year which is similar to the Slime digital gauges you can get at Autozone. It seals well when pressed on the valve stem and good repeatability. The pencil one I got is a Milton, reads from 5-50psi. The Milton is made in USA, it is ~$5 at OSH (Orchard Supply Hardware).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back