Fav Crockpot meal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today it's cold here in western Massachusetts and it got me thinking about cooking in the Crockpot. So what is your favorite fall/winter Crockpot meal? Mine is quite simple take a small turkey Brest put it in the crock add one or two packages of onion soup mix and cook for about 7.5-8 hrs on low (Do not add any water) Turkey comes out fantastic!

Small rump roast
1 packet of onion soup mix (powder)
A few carrots & potatoes, a little celery

That's it!

Great "bachelor food"!!

Linctex, that's about all I ever tried in the day in a crockpot; should do it again. I skipped the celery, potatoes, and carrots, though. The only veggies were the dehydrated onions in the onion soup mix.

Anything that benefits from long low temperature cooking is good in a crock pot.
Dried beans with a little bacon or smoked pork along with onions and carrots are great cooked in this way.

1-2 lbs round steak, Knorrs vegetable mix, water or beef broth and some carrots, celery. Cook all day, mash up some taters when you get home. Use the drippins for gravy.Then wait for the Governor to give the OK fire up Old Sparkie. My last meal choice...

Last edited:
Beef stew meat with whatever seasoning no water or broth. Just throw the meat in the pot, season it, and let it cook all day about 8 hours on low.

Last edited:
New England boiled dinner. Corned beef brisket, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, etc. A complete hearty meal in one pot. Best simple cold weather meal ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back