Faulty Koni Yellows

FCD

Last month i ordered some Koni Sport a.k.a Koni Yellow front struts for my 75 Capri to replace the tired 25 year old Monroes it had at the front ( it's had Konis at the rear for almost 30 years now ).

They're the adjustable compress to adjust type, but no matter how i try, one of them is always softer than the other, even set to maximum stiffness.

What's strange is that on compression one is clearly softer than the other but not on rebound, on rebound both are basically the same 🤔

I called the place i bought them from and they said Koni usually honors their warranties and will most likely send me a new one.

Bummer, because they cost 180€ each.

Koni yellows are rebound adjustment only, not compression. Changing "stiffness" isn't going to affect how easy or hard they are to compress.

For now i've installed them and i've put the "good one" on the driver's side, at least that way it'll be a bit more balanced, the difference isn't huge between the two, but noticeable for sure.

Last month i ordered some Koni Sport a.k.a Koni Yellow front struts for my 75 Capri to replace the tired 25 year old Monroes it had at the front ( it's had Konis at the rear for almost 30 years now ).

They're the adjustable compress to adjust type, but no matter how i try, one of them is always softer than the other, even set to maximum stiffness.

What's strange is that on compression one is clearly softer than the other but not on rebound, on rebound both are basically the same 🤔

I called the place i bought them from and they said Koni usually honors their warranties and will most likely send me a new one.

Bummer, because they cost 180€ each.

They're only adjustable on rebound too (though the rebound setting can bleed through to compression)

I had a recently mounted, stock replacement (black) Bilstein rear shock go bad on my W210. Symptom was the rear end got squirrelly going over RR tracks and expansion joints to on-ramps at speed. First mechanic said it was the rear subframe bushings (4), that's a big $$ job on a W210. My gray beard, shade tree mechanic correctly diagnosed it as only a bad shock. Bilstein replaced n/c, I returned defective and was out install cost. Never seen a Bilstein fail so soon.

Back