Father Smashed Infant's Head

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this doesn't make your blood boil, nothing will.

11-month old beaten by father & neglected by the mother
http://www.wsmv.com/news/15531959/detail.html
http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=7984282

“Three times, he slammed the baby’s face, grabbed the baby by the face in the back of the head and into that bassinet, which we believe here is what broke the bottom of the bassinet,” said Richard Smith of the Portland Police Department.

Police said the child was probably crying because he was hungry. They said the milk in his crib had turned rancid, and arriving officers found the baby turning blue."

from the 2nd link

"...Snelling slammed the baby's head into the crib. The child's crib was cracked...Officers said that the children lived in filth...

...Investigators said they found a bottle filled with spoiled milk in the baby's crib. They also said his four brothers and sisters had not eaten for nearly 24 hours.

Gotta love the cops for buying the rest of the kids happy meals.

Kinda makes you want to be a cop. I'd love to "accidentally" rough him up while cuffing him.

Been heaps of that down here lately.

Kids beaten and broken.

Mother storing methadone in cough syrup bottles kills her daughter "accidentally". Children locked in rooms without food, water or hygiene until neighbours complain of the stench.

That [censored] boils my blood. Children never ever deserve to be treated like that, They never asked to be brought into the world. I hope the parents are severely punished and beaten.

Mideviel torture doesnt sound all that bad for those type of people. It would be hard to be a cop, you would want someone like that to "disappear" between the house and the station and just say he got away.

I understand everyone's anger. Very likely both parents 'were' severely punished and beaten, ..... the entire time 'they' were growing up.

That is why most of these cases happen. It certainly doesn't excuse them, and yet sadly that is the way it is.

This really [censored] [censored] me off. I saw an episode of forensic files once where parents pushed their son off the grand canyon because they wanted to collect on his $100,000 life insurance. How can someone kill their own blood. It worse than random murder.

This is why spending money to help those children overcome now pays off better than housing them with their parents in jail later. Unfortunately, CYS is always underfunded and the children fall through the cracks- again.

ref

Originally Posted By: Oilgal

That is why most of these cases happen.

Or they are just bad, bad people. People have free will and make decisions themselves. Lots of people come from f-ed up homes and turn out fine and don't beat their kids.

Satan will have a field day with these two...

Last edited:
I think everyone should have a license to have a kid. If they can't pass it, then they have no business being a parent and should be castrated or rendered sterile.........

Government can't make the DMV or public education work smoothly and efficiently. Certainly doesn't mean they could "license" parenting any better.

There need to be severe punishments though. Again, seems like government can't get that sorted out either. Cable and work out equipment in prison.

It's such sad irony to think of how hard it is for good, reproductively-challenged people to adopt, and trash like this breed like rabbits. I too wish there was an effective licensing procedure for bearing young. There are a lot of people who need to be evaluated before having children.

Quote:
There need to be severe punishments though.

What does that accomplish? I'm all for bashing the guy's brains out. I'd bid for the privilege.

Someone like this can't be fixed. Fear of punishment didn't prevent this crime. Even the most exquisite form of torture can't leverage a sick and dysfunctional mind. Execute him for the economy of it ..but don't do it under the notion that you'll prevent the next case from occurring.

Quote:
There are a lot of people who need to be evaluated before having children.

Who makes the test and gives the permission?

And these people in the article need to be dead. Don't really care how.

What I know about automotive lubrication I've learned from BITOG. What I've learned about child abuse and neglect I've learned from thirty plus years of professional practice in the field as a worker, supervisor, and middle manager. One thing I accepted early on was that it did in fact take place. Hence these type of headlines are not so jarring to me anymore. The next thing was the realization that there was not enough room in my heart or soul for the justifiable contempt for anyone who does this. I had to work with them and try to achieve the best outcome possible for all concerned. Interestingly, torture and murder of the perpetrators was not an option. To paraphrase a relevant quote, he who hunts monsters should take care not to become one. I will not mind retirement in the next few years and perhaps going into another practice setting. Maybe I'll just go fishing instead.

Originally Posted By: 9296D21B14
he who hunts monsters should take care not to become one.

Your post is very timely, I'm thinking that "he" who you refer to in today's headlines is Eliot Spitzer. Unless he hires OJ's lawyers, he's toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back