Fast food place.

Thanks. I'd not thought of it from the perspective of being outside the car. Come to think of it, that's how the Camry works ... guess I just wasn't thinking about the situation.

Check your owners manual. On most newer cars you can change the settings to unlock just the drivers door. Two pushes on the fob or door button unlocks everything.

Really? Far more people are injured by automobiles than guns. Guns are inanimate objects, that can be used or misused. The best solution if you're terrified of guns is to take a gun safety class, transfer your fear into respect and knowledge. Guns are tools, if you know how they work and how to handle them safely they can save your life. In terms of home injuries and death, your bathroom poses the most danger, guns are somewhere in the 50 percent range, bathrooms are #1. A very high percentage of crimes are prevented by THE PRESENCE of a gun. Knowledge, confidence and training are better protection.
I use very similar logic when educating people about pesticides (herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, rodenticides, etc.). If a person becomes truly educated about something, often times the fear subsides. Before that education, people tend to rely on tidbits of inaccurate information. As has been preached here often, critical thinking is becoming scarce in the U.S..

I'm educated about guns through hunting. I'm uncomfortable that some people carrying guns legally for protection might be a bit overzealous to use them. Not a fear, just a concern about how some people might react under severe stress. There's so much more involved than just the mechanics of shooting a firearm.

Last edited:
What fast food place ? Did he end up ordering and did he like it okay ?

Check your owners manual. On most newer cars you can change the settings to unlock just the drivers door. Two pushes on the fob or door button unlocks everything.
On my wife's car and our daughter's car, they both have options and it's set to only unlock the driver door when they use the fob to unlock.

Back