Fast food place.

So my grandson was ordering his meal at the drive thru area, 2 suspects walk up and start asking about his dog in the car, suspects start to enter his car,,,no he did not have his doors locked.. So by now my grandson reaches for his 40cal glock under the dash and points it towards the suspects,,,,,end of story, suspects fled the scene immediately.....my grandson is a deputy sheriff ,,,yes robbery can happened to anyone,,,investigation is on going..PS, yes he was scared....

So my grandson was ordering his meal at the drive thru area, 2 suspects walk up and start asking about his dog in the car, suspects start to enter his car,,,no he did not have his doors locked.. So by now my grandson reaches for his 40cal glock under the dash and points it towards the suspects,,,,,end of story, suspects fled the scene immediately.....my grandson is a deputy sheriff ,,,yes robbery can happened to anyone,,,investigation is on going..PS, yes he was scared....
I guess the robbers didn't like Glocks.

What kind of car was he driving? Did he have it in Park, it's been a long time since cars didn't lock the doors automatically.

Glad it worked out for him, did he get a good look at them, enough to find them.

It's troubling to imagine how many different directions this incident could have gone. Thank goodness it turned out well. This would traumatize many.

Hmm, isn't it a felony to point a gun at someone unless you are physically threatened?
Does a car carry the same protections as the Castle Doctrine at home?

Entering your premises IS considered a threat. I remember this from my Carry class. To shoot him coming at you with intent is OK but, shooting him running away is very bad for the shooter legally.

Fair enough. I just don't want anyone being misled. The standard answer around here would be "call 911", but him being LEO makes a huge difference.
The rest of us would be in a different situation.

What kind of car was he driving? Did he have it in Park, it's been a long time since cars didn't lock the doors automatically.

Glad it worked out for him, did he get a good look at them, enough to find them.
well sort of, they were of color...thats about it

I'm terrified of guns. If someone breaks into my home, my plan is to hide under my bed with my big, lazy, 24 lb. Maine Coon cat named Buttons. She wouldn't hurt a fly.

Back