Falken wildpeak trails

Good afternoon,

I'm due for tires on my 05 CRV. My initial choice is the Michelin CC2, but they are out of stock at Costco, and other local shops.

Local shop recommended the Falken wildpeaks, it has the 3 snow flakes so I thought id do some research and ask for opinions.

I drive 90% on paved roads, so I'm not sure if an A/T tire is for me. I'm looking for an "all weather" tire. How are these tires in deep snow? I'm in the Canadian prairies, we got bombarded with snow last winter. I know these are not as great as dedicated winter tires, but are they better than all weather and all seasons in the snow?

...for steering and stopping or icier conditions, they won't be as good.

I'm not aware of any non-studded tire that is particularly better than another when it comes to ice.

That being said I know that the Falken Wildpeak tires incredibly popular among Subaru owners. I sold countless numbers of these tires last year at my shop, mainly to Subaru and Toyota owners.

We have a ‘15 crv. It’s a great vehicle, but it’s weak in the road noise department. We put the CC2 on it and it’s the best-matched tires we’ve had on it. I highly recommend waiting for them. They are on an entirely different level than the wildpeaks. Also, we got them due to wheelspin in the rain. Best there, too.

I put the WildPeak Trails on my father-in laws Jeep Renegade. He wanted that off-road look. He has been happy with them, they were good in the snows we had. Not like dedicated winter but he had no issues (he doesn’t believe in getting winter tires).

They are quieter than the Pirelli Scorpion AT he had that wore out pretty quick and wore oddly in his Jeep.

I got them based on reviews for the dry/wet and snow (from some reviews on Subaru’s). I wouldn’t hesitate to use them on my other vehicles BUT I can’t say for overall noise. His Jeep is not a quiet vehicle to start.

I put a set of the wildpeak trails on my wife’s RAV4 and they do great in wv weather anything from -5 to 100 degrees , gravel roads , snow , and on the highway. I highly suggest them.

Back