FALKEN Wildpeak A/T Trail or General AltiMax RT43

I've got the AT Trail on my daughter's Renegade and they are outstanding. They are wearing very well and evenly and they are like a cat on Velcro in the snow. I've been very impressed with them. I would expect them to be great for Overlanding on dirt, rock, and gravel trails, too.

Those are two very different tires!

General's AT tire is the Grabber AT2

Someone else mentioned the 3-peak all-season tires such as the Vredestein Quatrac 5 and Michelin CrossClimate. Other such tires are the Toyo Celsius and Hankook Kinergy 4S2.

Last edited:
There is a reason for that.
yes I know they make good products but believe alot is spent on Advertising, Bridgestone also comes to mind.

I believe I can find a quality tire that meets or exceeds my needs that also comes with a sizeable cost reduction compared to Michelin and Bridgestone.

yes I know they make good products but believe alot is spent on Advertising, Bridgestone also comes to mind.

I believe I can find a quality tire that meets or exceeds my needs that also comes with a sizeable cost reduction compared to Michelin and Bridgestone.
The thing with Michelin is that they retain initial performance for a long time.
Bridgestone is good, but IMO, not on level of Michelin. Consider Continental too.

The thing with Michelin is that they retain initial performance for a long time.
Bridgestone is good, but IMO, not on level of Michelin. Consider Continental too.
Thanks, yes that is why I am strongly considering the General Altima RT43 as General is part of Continental.

Thanks, yes that is why I am strongly considering the General Altima RT43 as General is part of Continental.
Sure, and they are very popular all season tires. But CrossClimate is made specifically for better winter performance compared to all season. I mean you will not make a mistake with RT43 quality wise, and I guess if you are not happy you can always later go with something else.

Back