CC2 on gen3 Sienna - any issues?

Didn't end up with new summer tires for the 3rd gen 2013 Sienna LE FWD 235/60R17 last summer, need them this summer. Replacing RT43s. Shopping now due to rebates and to "get it done".

CC2 is top of the shortlist at the moment. Summer use only in the Great Lakes area. Priorities: planted, competent handling, wet performance, and no worse than average wear due to the Sienna's goofy suspension geometry that chews up tires.

Anyone running CC2s on a Sienna for a while now - good news or bad news?

For what it's worth, on the previous gen2 Sienna, Defender T+H were a favourite. Looked at Defender 2 this time around but wet performance is reportedly poor.

🤷‍♂️ I did at least look at what's out there in the more performance oriented categories. Grip is grip... :)

Not me, but...
https://www.siennachat.com/threads/toyota-sienna-lowered-with-tesla-wheels.73485/#post-463119

and

wp_20140524_18_14_47_pro-jpg.15529

never driven a Sienna, but Last Spring Dad and I both put CC2's on our Fords (My '13 C-max, His '15 Escape). with the small amount of winter weather we've had so far, no complaints... I know of one turn that the Old Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring's would have fishtailed around in the snow, these guys were sure footed as a mountain goat...

not shocking i know... they're 3PMS rated tires....

So? Why not?
Minivans can go fast too:
You know there is more than on or off with the gas pedal right ;)

Wait that sounds familiar. :ROFLMAO:

Personally I feel like my forester isnt "sporty" enough for those sorts of tires.. so a minivan?

Some conti lx25's might be a good choice though.

You know there is more than on or off with the gas pedal right ;)

Wait that sounds familiar. :ROFLMAO:

Personally I feel like my forester isnt "sporty" enough for those sorts of tires.. so a minivan?

Some conti lx25's might be a good choice though.
I think the tires I mentioned are perfect for a minivan in summer. They don't need a lot of heat to perform. They are good in cold (I have DWS06 on BMW).
Since I run snows on all vehicles, I have Pilot A/S3+ on Tiguan. Great handling, braking, wet performance. If Sienna stays on pavement, that would be my go to.

A good buddy of mine is running the CC2 on his same generation as yours(but slightly newer) Sienna and loves them. They me be loud(er) at times but he doesn’t complain. We don’t have to by law, change to winter tires in our area.

Didn't end up with new summer tires for the 3rd gen 2013 Sienna LE FWD 235/60R17 last summer, need them this summer. Replacing RT43s. Shopping now due to rebates and to "get it done".

CC2 is top of the shortlist at the moment. Summer use only in the Great Lakes area. Priorities: planted, competent handling, wet performance, and no worse than average wear due to the Sienna's goofy suspension geometry that chews up tires.

Anyone running CC2s on a Sienna for a while now - good news or bad news?

For what it's worth, on the previous gen2 Sienna, Defender T+H were a favourite. Looked at Defender 2 this time around but wet performance is reportedly poor.
I’ve used several sets of Continental Tru Contacts on my Siennas in your tire size. Have worked well. Little cheaper. Lasted around 42,000 miles or so but it was highway driving mostly. Tirerack tested them to see the results.

Minivans also chew through tires too. The shoulders are the first causality. CC2 is a fine choice, especially its it an AWD Sienna. But I would consider a “truck” tire like a Defender LTX as well.

Something that chews tires, I'd prefer an asymmetrical like the LX25, Defender LTX M/S, Pirelli Scorpion AS3 etc. At least you can cross rotate to even out wear. The sportier, higher grip ones are nice also but that would be factor for me just in case.

No pure summer tire for summer. Why buy all weather for 3 seasons if you have winter tires?
If I understand it correctly.

Krzyś

Back