Falce advertising on ebay.

Some thing that expensive I would have bought in person at a local business.

Im sure this EBay seller has done it before.
I hear you, anything new I either buy local or Amazon, however this item was used and listed for a third of the price and was looking for a bargain.

It was also stated that those seller does not accept returns, maybe that a sign I should have paid attention to.
That's only for buyers remorse like you changed your mind or don't really need it. Stop communicating with the seller and open a case with Ebay for item not as described. The seller or Ebay will either send you a pre-paid return shipping label and you will get refunded after it's returned, or Ebay will just refund and tell you to dispose of it as you wish.

open a complaint and add the two pictures you've shown here. Wait for your refund. That's it. even if you don't do it for yourself, do it for the next person he tries to scam. The items don't match. I've bought and sold on ebay since 2001.

I had a few bait and switches back in the day.
always worked out ok for me as a buyer.. just super annoying.

The few things I sold.. never got scammed on.. was waiting for the "we got box full of bricks" scammer.
(buy your stuff then say it arrived empty box etc.)

Sounds like seller royally screwd up or scammer. I'd file with ebay.. general principle after that seller interaction.

What was their feedback like?

I'm a casual eBay user, pretty much all of my purchases are old Explorer or old GM truck related. Knock on wood, I've never had a bad experience on there, and that's buying used parts and literature for 20-30 year old vehicles. I've received 90s Explorer brochures wrapped up like they were historical documents. Even bought used encapsulated glass in perfect condition and a factory JBL head unit that works like new. Most eBay sellers in my experience really make an effort to accurately describe items and get them to you undamaged.

What was their feedback like?

I'm a casual eBay user, pretty much all of my purchases are old Explorer or old GM truck related. Knock on wood, I've never had a bad experience on there, and that's buying used parts and literature for 20-30 year old vehicles. I've received 90s Explorer brochures wrapped up like they were historical documents. Even bought used encapsulated glass in perfect condition and a factory JBL head unit that works like new. Most eBay sellers in my experience really make an effort to accurately describe items and get them to you undamaged.
100 percent positive feedback, that was the reason I bought it, even though the seller didn't accept returns.
Maybe me being new to ebay made them think that I wouldn't fuss about it.

100 percent positive feedback, that was the reason I bought it, even though the seller didn't accept returns.
Maybe me being new to ebay made them think that I wouldn't fuss about it.
I've learned 100% positive feedback don't mean squat, if people leave negative feedback but say it in just the wrong way or mention forbidden things like "had to open a case" eBay will remove the negative feedback.

e-bay itself ripped me off (never bought the item, couldnt get back the deposit).
I only go for smal purchases that I can "afford" to loose out on
AND
only buy name brand, well researched (by me) items that are lower priced there.
Arms length, net centered is the pits. Auctions? fagedboudid...

there was no car there, scam flee-bay just went thru w/same seller, same car. He went on after me to do it again.
Were gettin off the OPs point & onto me.

Back