Factory Fill 2019 VW Jetta 1.4t

Messages
640
Location
Colorado
Great results. I noticed this before on something else: VW does not use Castrol Edge LL IV 0w20 in their factory fill. No titanium. Of course, they can use any 508 or whatever they want for that first fill. The factory does whatever makes sense for them.
 
Messages
1,677
Location
Americus, GA
It looks to have held up well for close to a 10,000 mile run. Like others have said, we really don't know what VW put in at the factory.
 
Last edited:
Messages
591
Location
Atlanta, GA
For a factory fill with almost 10k on it this is pretty darn incredible considering this engine does not live an easy rural life (see you are in ATL). The 1.4T seems to be a very good mill for VW, have not heard of many issues with it and it is going on it's 4th or 5th year or so in stateside use. On a side note if you need dealer work I have had very good experiences with Jim Ellis VW in Chamblee. Bought both cars in my sig from Stone Mountain VW but their service department does not give me good vibes.
 

DuckRyder

Thread starter
Messages
5,719
Location
Atlanta
Originally Posted by addyguy
10k on factory fill? Not bad!
Correct, and it was only a bit early because the car was kind of "on call" for a trip to TN, it it had had to go to TN and I had not changed it, it would have been over 10,000 and I did not want that.
Originally Posted by paoester
Great results. I noticed this before on something else: VW does not use Castrol Edge LL IV 0w20 in their factory fill. No titanium. Of course, they can use any 508 or whatever they want for that first fill. The factory does whatever makes sense for them.
Originally Posted by MParr
It looks to have held up well for close to a 10,000 mile run. Like others have said, we really don't know what VW put in at the factory.
Yes, I sort of expected it not to be Edge Professional, if I have an evening to kill (unlikely) I might attempt to figure it out. Who has plants near Puebla or the engine factory in Brazil would probably be a good start. I'm also not sure the factory fill was green, it was hard to tell, but the LL 4 is definitely more so.
Originally Posted by pezzy669
For a factory fill with almost 10k on it this is pretty darn incredible considering this engine does not live an easy rural life (see you are in ATL). The 1.4T seems to be a very good mill for VW, have not heard of many issues with it and it is going on it's 4th or 5th year or so in stateside use.
I agree, considering where it is in comparison to universal averages I feel like I couldn't ask for much better. I should probably have mentioned that this sump has quite a few trips on it, TN, CO, FL and we are not right in the metro though its been in several traffic snarls... I expect that trend will continue on this sump, I plan a another ~10K run and hope to see it around Universal averages...
Originally Posted by pezzy669
On a side note if you need dealer work I have had very good experiences with Jim Ellis VW in Chamblee. Bought both cars in my sig from Stone Mountain VW but their service department does not give me good vibes.
This car came from Jim Ellis Chamblee via Jim Ellis Kennesaw. Should it need something I can't handle, I'll probably take it back to JEK. It's a subject for another thread, but I talked to them all when I bought and Jim Ellis was the only one that wasn't full of games...
Originally Posted by Char Baby
Indeed quite impressive for an >9K mile OCI on FF. What's equally impressive is the two different lab reports that are so close with their results.
I've taken to sending it to two as sort of a control, it should be noted that my understanding is that the two labs use different methodology for TBN and about a 1.0 variation is expected, their condemnation limit for TBN is different as well.
 
Top