F250 4R70W shudder

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally licensed the truck and drove it to work. Near the end of the 30 mile drive while climbing a low speed incline, the transmission began to shudder pretty badly and seems like it was slipping some too.

I am posting from my phone right now and can't go into great detail, but here is some history.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...ion#Post3911864

The filter and Merc VI is a year old and should be good still. Will shudder cause a loss of drive? Lube gard red help. I can't afford a rebuild of trans or VB right now but will eventually if I must. Might just swap for a 4WD transmission/transfer case instead.

I think this is the same tranny my Grand Marquis has and when it started shuddering under light load like hill climb I had tranny fluid flush done and replaced with synthetic Wolf's Head. A few years later and probably 30,000 miles the problem has not returned.

Originally Posted By: spk2000
I think this is the same tranny my Grand Marquis has and when it started shuddering under light load like hill climb I had tranny fluid flush done and replaced with synthetic Wolf's Head. A few years later and probably 30,000 miles the problem has not returned.
Good to know.

Originally Posted By: spk2000
I would consider a used tranny if fluid change does not work. Lubegard is good stuff and can't hurt to try it.

I'm leaning towards a wreckingyard trans/transfercase combo to replace this2WD trans, as I want to do a solid axle swap 4x4 anyway.

I'm thinking about pumping out from the cooler line and filling with Maxlife and adding Lubegard red for now.

After driving home I can say that it seems to be only after the truck is warm, and at low speed/high load conditions. I'm wondering if it could be an engine miss. Pulling a hill from a stop, the torque converter would not be locked anyway correct?

Do a couple of trans fluid changes with maxlife. Night a day difference in shift quality in my Mustang. I added lube guard on the last flush. They made one specifically for Mercon V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back