F1 - 2019 British Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The safety car is an AMG if I recall correctly, and Lewis is always complaining they should go faster, so yes, I'm sure any road car is a dog to him. Last year, when Martin Brundle took Danniel Ricciardo for a rip in a new Aston Martin, he set the brakes on fire, so he's still got it, too.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
I bet that hopped up AMG feels like a total dog to a guy used to driving an F1 car...
Understatement of the year....

Originally Posted by Garak
The safety car is an AMG if I recall correctly, and Lewis is always complaining they should go faster, so yes, I'm sure any road car is a dog to him. Last year, when Martin Brundle took Danniel Ricciardo for a rip in a new Aston Martin, he set the brakes on fire, so he's still got it, too.

I had heard that Brit cars had reliability problems, but....WOW! Burning brakes!!
;^)

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
I bet that hopped up AMG feels like a total dog to a guy used to driving an F1 car...
Understatement of the year....

This is the first time I've ever won anything!!!
Thanks to my parents...my professors...my Cub Scout den leaders....etc etc.

I had heard that Brit cars had reliability problems, but....WOW! Burning brakes!!

Yes, it was pretty funny. I haven't had a luck finding it on YouTube, but I'll see if I can come across it sometime or somewhere. It was around the end of last season and they were doing it as sort of a going away deal for Ricciardo, with Aston Martin's tie in with Red Bull. It was brand new, and Martin Brundle really pushed it. When they were coming to a stop, Brundle mentioned something about the brakes being on fire and sure enough the guys came running with fire extinguishers. Maybe it was all for the best since he's doing some driving for Aston Martin this year in some endurance races.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back