3. Red Bull, 87
4. McLaren, 22
5. Racing Point, 17
6. Haas, 15
7. Alfa Romeo Racing, 13
8. Renault, 12
9. Toro Rosso, 6
10. Williams, 0

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

[Linked Image]

And after practice #2, the Mercedes dual is up almost 1 second over the third fastest car. The Mercedes team makes the others look absolutely incompetent.

Scott

Does anyone else despise Helmut Marko as much as I do?

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Have you watched the new Netflix series on F-1 racing? I think it focuses on Ricciardo's team. It's not bad.

You give your evaluation as if you've watched it, but if you think it is focused on Ricciardo's team you obviously haven't watched more than one episode.

With that said, it is a great inside look at many of the players in the series.

Originally Posted by Lenny5160
Have you watched the new Netflix series on F-1 racing? I think it focuses on Ricciardo's team. It's not bad.

You give your evaluation as if you've watched it, but if you think it is focused on Ricciardo's team you obviously haven't watched more than one episode.

With that said, it is a great inside look at many of the players in the series.

Thanks for your insightful criticism. No "evaluation" here. This month I was at a relative's house and watched three episodes from last year. I thought the production was decent.

Thanks for your insightful criticism. No "evaluation" here. This month I was at a relative's house and watched three episodes from last year. I thought the production was decent.

No evaluation other than "It's not bad"?

No need to respond; carry on all!

I thought the series was very well done and provided great insight, both to those who follow closely and those who don't.

My understanding is that a 2019 version is being made.

More of the same from Merc.; their 2019 car is astounding. On one hand, they deserve it, on the other I'm so ready for a new favorite.

At least there have been some good stories from the middle of the pack. Great to see McLaren having some success.

Ricciardo has made some mistakes of his own, but his struggles also show how far back the Renault factory program is.

What will happen, mechanically or team-ordered, to submarine Leclerc this week?

Originally Posted by gofast182
I thought the series was very well done and provided great insight, both to those who follow closely and those who don't.
My understanding is that a 2019 version is being made.
More of the same from Merc.; their 2019 car is astounding. On one hand, they deserve it, on the other I'm so ready for a new favorite.

Can't the other builders all get together in secret and pick two guys a week to wreck the Mercs??

;^)

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Can't the other builders all get together in secret and pick two guys a week to wreck the Mercs??

It doesn't have to be a secret. Verstappen and Kvyat are both on the grid.
wink.gif

SLO_Town: I'm sure many do, starting with Kvyat (even though he might have mellowed now on it), Mark Webber, and maybe even Ricciardo. Of course, he isn't there to win friends.

NormanBuntz: I haven't seen the series, but I've heard a couple good things about it. My god daughter has seen some of it and she likes it

Just like the last thread, I see Ferrari still hasn't found their F1 Strategy for Dummies book. What exactly is Jock Clear doing? They hint they want to save tires, all at a track where they're not going to get an advantage during the race anyhow since track position is king and an extra pitstop and working through traffic won't help.

Originally Posted by wemay
67 laps on Mediums...wow! Great race, Lewis Hamilton.

Agreed. Great driving yet again.

He did well. Unfortunately, Max's impatience didn't really appear, and the little touch near the end wasn't so bad. I was waiting for Lewis's tires to come apart on him and hand the victory to Vettel, but that was not to be.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Garak

He did well. Unfortunately, Max's impatience didn't really appear, and the little touch near the end wasn't so bad. I was waiting for Lewis's tires to come apart on him and hand the victory to Vettel, but that was not to be.
wink.gif

If it was a year ago, Max would have taken Hamilton and himself out of the race. He had a 5 seconds penalty and old tires, just stay behind an collect the points instead of driving like a douche.

If there was no penalty to serve, the Senna-go-for-the-gap approach applies.

Yes, he did well. While Mercedes is looking very good by the numbers, it's not like Max is out of contention altogether, nor should Red Bull be throwing away points. So, behaving himself was worthwhile. Had something gone sour with their little touch, it probably would have caused a red flag anyhow.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back