F1 - 2018 Belgian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
Mercedes in general seems to be downbeat about their engine performance. I don't have any pity. They've had the engine advantage for ages, and they forgot the gaps they used to win by at places like Spa at the outset of this hybrid era. This is their last engine update of the season without incurring grid penalties. They wanted the engine rules, they have them.

Now, for Monza, if Kimi can get some luck and there's a Ferrari 1-2, the crowd will be impressed, to say the least.

Agree fully. I acknowledge and appreciate their excellence over the last few years but it's about time they have to genuinely compete and possibly lose.

I'll take it a step further, if Kimi can get some luck and lead a Ferrari 1-2, the crowd will go insane.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gofast182
I'll take it a step further, if Kimi can get some luck and lead a Ferrari 1-2, the crowd will go insane.

Bugger the crowd, I'll be doing star jumps (with pom-poms) in the living room!

Originally Posted By: Brad_C
I get the feeling Kimi was juggling as the car was falling to bits around him.

I think that exactly describes what I heard going on in that clip.

Originally Posted By: gofast182

I'd be happiest with Vettel leading the 1-2, with Hamilton retiring sometime around the time Alonso chooses to park for the day.
wink.gif

Vettel is beginning to remind me of Danika.....does fine when on the track alone but hyperventilates whenever overtaking traffic approaches, then forgets how to drive. And of course, it's always the other guy's fault.

Last edited:
When was the last time we saw two passes for the lead with no DRS?

Glad to see the artificial pit stop made no difference. Go Kimi!

VER has Vettel disease.

Kudos to HAM and RAI. HAM for having the patience to allow the inevitable tire deg to occur and to Kimi for a very professional allowing of HAM to get by despite all the Ferrari angst. That's how you do it VET and VER.

Now, on to Portland, Darlington and the Big Go! What a great weekend of racing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back