Eye of the tiger song

Saw 'em at a free Fourth of July concert about seven years ago with BoDeans. Would I drive long distances to see BoDeans again. Yabetcha. Would I drive ten miles to see Survivor. Probably not. Tight band vs. not very tight band. I do remember a bunch of Sly is my friend chatter however.

A young Jim Peterik (still in high school) on the far right:
Ides of march.jpg

My F'n idiot sales manager use to play this song every morning before our meetings until he got fired for banging the girl in HR. I learned later that kind of behavior is frowned upon.

One year when I was in high school the football team played that for their entrance music. They proceeded to lose pretty much every game. When I pointed out to one of them that it wasn't working and maybe they should find a new song I was told it pumped them up and I wouldn't understand.

If you think a song played before a game has any indication of the outcome, then you don't understand.

Whenever I hear "Eye of the Tiger," I picture a rocky, sandswept desert fastness; a great fortress in the middle of it; the gates slowly creak open, and a gigantic blue lizard slides out, its forked tongue flicking out, tasting the air. And in the saddle on its back is an armed Imperial Stormtrooper. . . .

Overplayed on the radio spoiled it for me now. But thru high school I was able to find a third party MIDI ringtone site that had this ring tone for free. It was super loud and whoever did the MIDI conversion did it very high quality. Had it for years after until the phone went swimming never to be found again.

I'd mentioned this one time I think in the What Are You Listening To Know thread about that song, really interesting!! Jim Peterik wrote "Vehicle" when he was in high school. There was this girl he liked. She always wanted him to drive her around, give her rides, and take her places in his car, but would otherwise never give him the time of day, and that all he was to her was her "Vehicle". She just basically used him for his car.

He was a hell of a song writer!! (y)
Vehicle is actually a pretty creepy song.

Overplayed on the radio spoiled it for me now. But thru high school I was able to find a third party MIDI ringtone site that had this ring tone for free. It was super loud and whoever did the MIDI conversion did it very high quality. Had it for years after until the phone went swimming never to be found again.
My wife's ring tone is the American Gladiators opening fanfare. :)

Eye Of the Tiger was a movie starring Gary Busey. The Survivor song was the title theme. I think that entire unfortunate mess all happened before Rocky III.

Last edited:
Back