Exxon Superflo 20W-50

Hi all, new to this site. Wasn't really sure where to post this so figured I would start here.

What would you do if you were gifted 18 cases of Exxon Superflo 20W-50 ? I believe it's from 2006. Is it good? Not good? Please be nice lol.

Attachments

• exxon.jpg
    exxon.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 63
  • PXL_20231029_191739642.jpg
    PXL_20231029_191739642.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 60
  • PXL_20231029_191745935.jpg
    PXL_20231029_191745935.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 59
Hi all, new to this site. Wasn't really sure where to post this so figured I would start here.

What would you do if you were gifted 18 cases of Exxon Superflo 20W-50 ? I believe it's from 2006. Is it good? Not good? Please be nice lol.
Where are you located?

I wouldn't have accepted it myself. I'd sell it dirt cheap on Facebook marketplace. $50 gets all. Use a text app like Text Free instead of your real phone number.
Ha! I am hoping it will be useful but I'm also managing my expectations.

I was trying to check that out. Looks like 2006 was when the Superflo brand was being phased out. Also, it looks like it’s conventional rather than Synthetic and it’s not a Heavy Duty Engine Oil ( HDEO) made for Diesels. However, many of the good people of Las Vegas would like this for their oil burning work trucks. I’d put it out there for $12 per case. (Keep the math simple), then maybe someone might offer $10 per case. I can image this going into a Ford F-250 with a 460 and a cement encrusted wheelbarrel in back.

Last edited:
Thats 54 gallons. There are a few uses for 20w50, including K46 transmissions, OPE anything. Keep a few cases a sell the rest. Good luck.

It's SM I'd have no problems running it in an older vehicle or even lawnmowers... just shake the bottle before use.

$5 to the first owner of a new Toyota who pours this stuff in the crankcase instead of 0W8/0W16, for at least 3000 miles. 😁
I'll even pay for a VOA and UOA on that.
It would be fine as long as the winter rating is appropriate. The spectrographic analysis wouldn’t show anything of importance.

It would be fine as long as the winter rating is appropriate. The spectrographic analysis wouldn’t show anything of importance.
Correct. I'm just fishing for some entertainment.
I think it would be fun to see someone do it, considering how hard it is for some here to move from 0W16 to a thick 0W20 due to availability or whatever... I think those folks would have a heart attack from seeing a 20W50 being ran in such engine.

I ran the 10w40 and 20w50 in my Ninja zx9r.
Maybe find a motorcycle club see if they want it cheap. Or like another poster said, substitute one quart every oil change but would take forever

That would be a great motorcycle oil, or for someone with a 60's hotrod who wants "more zinc" in the earlier formulations.

Back