Exxon Superflo 10w30, 3936 mi, Hyundai 2.0L

Status
Not open for further replies.
First UOA ever:

05Elantra051907.jpg

4K may be about max - considering some creeping-in dilution concerns that may get worse - before getting better. Your 10W-30 may be a better dilution-wear fighter than 5W-30. Good choice there.

Although it doesn't show in Fe, I'd get into some routine fuel system treatment. I'd want <.5 for fuel dilution.

Quote:

Jerald, Great wear numbers. What kind of oil filter do you use on your Hyundai?

Purolator 14459. I have used both the Purolator and the OEM Hyundai filters about 3 times each, and notice absolutely no difference in the two (at least the way the engine sounds). Some Elantra owners complain that non-OEM filters cause audible ticking or other noises from the engine, but I have not noticed a difference with the Purolator Premium Plus on there.

Quote:

good UOA. With numbers like that, I wonder if Im wasting my $$$ running the Val synpower.
dunno.gif

Can't believe the timeliness of your post! I just did an OC and switched to Synpower 5w30, just to see if any difference. Sent in the UOA to Blackstone (for the Superflo 10w30 that I drained) just to compare with the first one. Will post up when get results back.

Quote:

Quote:

good UOA. With numbers like that, I wonder if Im wasting my $$$ running the Val synpower.
dunno.gif

Can't believe the timeliness of your post! I just did an OC and switched to Synpower 5w30, just to see if any difference. Sent in the UOA to Blackstone (for the Superflo 10w30 that I drained) just to compare with the first one. Will post up when get results back.

yea I try to get on here when I can. Sometimes with work it is tough. Id be interested to see how the 2 compare. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back