Extremely dissatified with Chrysler products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 4x4chevydude
DODGE DAKOTA= worst truck ever made...horrible to repair and exfessive wear on all components....

We put >250,000 miles on a '92 Dakota club cab, 5.2Magnum. Never even changed the tranny fluid, and its still out there running around with its new owner. In fact the only problem it ever had was the lower intake gasket. Just couldn't kill that truck, and in its prime it got 24 mpg highway.

I've bored everyone with the story about my '07 Town & Country, and why we no longer own it, so I won't go into that again. But since the thread seems to be more about Chrysler Corporate, I will say how they treated us.

We brought the van in one Monday morning for a number of issues. We had been on a trip that prior weekend and the carpets got soaked on the inside, and there was transmission fluid on the ground wherever we parked (this is a 40k mile van). And the sway bar bushings were noisy again, so I figured I'd have them replace those while the van was already at the dealer.

They said I could drop it off, and they'd look at it that day. I said I needed a loaner vehicle, we had two kids that have preschool and cannot be without our primary vehicle. Dealer wouldn't budge. So I called Chrysler Corporate. They offered me an Enterprise rental, max $35/day, max 5 days. I'd have to pay up front, and submit to Chrysler to get reimbursed. Fine.

It took them until Thursday afternoon to get the van back in shape. I go to pick it up on Thursday afternoon and the carpets were still soaked. I told them I can't bring this van home like this, the carpets are still sopping wet. Dealer declined to dry them out. But this was a warranted repair (drain line repair under a TSB). Still no dice. I guess the carpet was collateral damage. So I left the van there and called Chrysler Corporate that afternoon. They suggested a different dealer. I said I don't have time to go dealer shopping; my carpets are soaked and they'll get moldy. So they said they'll get back with me after they contact the dealer's service manager.

I called back that evening after hearing nothing; they said SM was gone for the day and they'd contact tomorrow. Fine.

Tomorrow comes and they decide they won't do anything. Fine. I'm done with you guys...I'll take the van home and dry the carpet myself. I turn the rental in (still within my 5 day max) and take the van home on Friday. I dry the carpets out, and probably did a better job than the dealer would have done anyway. I submit my rental expenses to Chrysler for reimbursement.

You can probably guess what they sent me back: 80% of my rental cost. So I call them back. They said my van was done on Thursday, so they won't reimburse me for Friday. I told them that the case work should clearly show that I made contact on Thursday night and was told, by Chrysler, that I'd have to wait until Friday so they can speak with SM.

Didn't matter, didn't care. I got what I got.

That's not how you treat a customer you're interested in keeping. That all happened prior to bankruptcy. Maybe they're a little more interested in keeping customers they've made now, I don't know. I don't really intend to find out.

Another case of customer service. They'll be looking for another bailout in a few years.

One can't blame this on the union, just short sighted management that looks to save a buck today at the expense of future earnings.

It's a disease sweeping the country.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Another case of customer service. They'll be looking for another bailout in a few years.

One can't blame this on the union, just short sighted management that looks to save a buck today at the expense of future earnings.

It's a disease sweeping the country.

A big +1

i call and talk to the service manager yesterday explain whats going on and dammit i have 4 kids need my van back. never hear back. call this morning he is gone the rest of the week.------ so i leave a message for someone named chris west who is acting as service manager. have to explain everything again. He tells me "look we are a large company and have to make money, we arent in the business of giving stuff away". I laughed and said i dont have a issue with you making money but comeon you have to understand my frustration. went from a $350 repair to now we are up close to $1000. said he would have to call me back. i told them again to put the old stuff back on i would take it somehwere else. said i would still owe diagnostic and labor. and that my old parts werent available. i see now why people go on rampages.

Last edited by a moderator:
By law, they are required to return your old parts. They are stringing you along, now. Sorry for your troubles.

You need to start getting stuff in writing if you wish to pursue this.

Dont have your old parts eh? Saying that kinda stuff would make me SOO mad i couldn't think straight.

Last edited:
what is the one chrysler vehicle that is very simple and shouldn't have electrical problems? Jeep wranglers right? wrong!

my 2001 jeep wrangler recently needed a new main computer because it wasn't counting the cranks of the engine before starting....it also needed a fuel injector and new fuel pump assembly.

luckily i had a warranty from an outside company and they paid most of it, it would have been 900 dollars, i got out for 300.

i still love my jeep and im forgiving it since its 10 years old with 76k miles

my dads 2001 f-150 with 170k miles that gets almost no maintenance has never seen a shop

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nazareth
i call and talk to the service manager yesterday explain whats going on and dammit i have 4 kids need my van back. never hear back. call this morning he is gone the rest of the week. s.o.b. so i leave a message for someone named chris west who is acting as service manager. have to explain everything again. He tells me "look we are a large company and have to make money, we arent in the business of giving stuff away". I laughed and said i dont have a issue with you making money but comeon you have to understand my frustration. went from a $350 repair to now we are up close to $1000. said he would have to call me back. i told them again to put the old stuff back on i would take it somehwere else. said i would still owe diagnostic and labor. and that my old parts werent available. i see now why people go on rampages.
Sounds like "lawyer up" time to me-by law (at least here in OH) you have to get your old parts back if you request them, and there is also a law that you can request a WRITTEN estimate that cannot be exceeded without your WRITTEN approval. In these parts so many Dodge & Chrysler dealers were forced out of the new car business by the bankruptcy that the remaning ones can't keep up with the repair work!

after hours on the phone with the dealer and chrysler worked out a deal. had to pay a $359 "deductable". i am ok with this. better than what they were going to charge. im still extremely turned off by chrysler and what i had to go through but i can live with this and refure to by another chrysler product.

I would never buy a Chrysler product period.

My friends 2001 Dodge Ram is a perfect example. He dumped that POS this year for a Silverado after its 2nd transmission started acting up again, at only 105k miles. It was also on its 2nd engine, and the AC broke every other year. He decided he was going to let the next owner supply the 3rd gearbox so he traded it.

Great truck, never towed much, and never even plowed. But the plus side is you never had to change the transmission fluid since the gear box would go out every 40k-60k miles!

My uncles 1 ton Dodge with a gas motor he uses for his company toasted the motor at 25k miles.

Last edited:
My sis in law buys a Caravan every 4-5 yrs with about 14k-20k miles on it for about $11-13k. She just changes the oil occasionally. The vehicles turn to rolling junk and moves on.

It works for her.

You guys need to remember there are millions of:

GM owners traumatized by the manifold gasket/Dexcool fiasco.

How about the Ford truck owners with the rocket spark plugs?

The Toyota sludgers of the late '90's.

Honda Odyssey (and other models) transmission failures.

I'm just saying to keep some perspective.....now, continue on with the Chrysler bashing. I could add some, but will refrain.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
You guys need to remember there are millions of:

GM owners traumatized by the manifold gasket/Dexcool fiasco.

How about the Ford truck owners with the rocket spark plugs?

The Toyota sludgers of the late '90's.

Honda Odyssey (and other models) transmission failures.

I'm just saying to keep some perspective.....now, continue on with the Chrysler bashing. I could add some, but will refrain.

Couldn't agree with you more. Yes I participated on the bashing, but please let us not forget that every manufacturer has its problems. From Kia to Lexus all manufacturers make good and bad vehicles.

Since I bashed earlier I'll have to throw some praise. The LX platform is a great vehicle and I don't think I'd ever own a truck other than a Ram.

I'll be brief here, and say that the transmissions on both of the last Chrysler products we've owned have gone out. A '91 Dynasty (trans went out aound 3K miles). And now, the trans on our '04 PT Cruiser (w/66K), which is currently at the Chrysler dealership. I won't go into all the other problems we've had with it (the PT).

Glad to see you got things worked out.

They all make horrendous mistakes. I absolutely agree with doitmyself. With the internet so readily available, why would anyone purchase a new/used vehicle without doing some extensive research? I tend to like Fords, but you can bet your last dollar there are some Fords I wouldn't take as a gift. A consumer is making a sizeable investment buying a new/used car, you owe it to yourself to research a prospective purchase extensively. As far as the spark plug shooter Fords, how could they engineer something so stupid? My 15 year old kid is smarter than that.

Last edited:
Yeah, I own a Neon that I bought new in 2003. It has 195k miles on it now and everything still works, NOTHING has ever gone wrong with it, oh wait, I forgot... the right foglight that had some moisture in it about a month after I got the car. That crummy dealer kept me waiting for this garbage car a whole hour while they changed it! swines! I'll never buy another CHrysler product 20 years from now based on this horrible little Neon... They need to go bust..
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ms21043
Yeah, I own a Neon that I bought new in 2003. It has 195k miles on it now and everything still works, NOTHING has ever gone wrong with it, oh wait, I forgot... the right foglight that had some moisture in it about a month after I got the car. That crummy dealer kept me waiting for this garbage car a whole hour while they changed it! swines! I'll never buy another CHrysler product 20 years from now based on this horrible little Neon... They need to go bust..
wink.gif

Lol best post ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back