Extended Drain Oils

Fuel dilution is a real issue with the GDI engines, I have a new Hyundai 1/6L Turbo Hyrbid, already went on record with the dealer on increasing oil levels around 2500 miles the level gets really noticeable.

Fuel dilution is a real issue with the GDI engines, I have a new Hyundai 1/6L Turbo Hyrbid, already went on record with the dealer on increasing oil levels around 2500 miles the level gets really noticeable.
There is some pretty cool engineering that goes into these small turbo GDI engines but I avoid them.
I bought some Mobil EP last month and because of the rebate, it was cheaper than Supertech. I'll run the same interval with it as I always do because I have no interest in experimenting with extended oil changes. I kind of enjoy changing my oil and climbing under my vehicles. The cost of an oil change doesn't in any way impact my lifestyle so for me, I just sleep better at night using proven and accepted intervals.

that means, all we have it´s just a marketing speak from producers, saying the the oils "can do it".
imho, long oci uoa on bitog are rare (if any) as hens teeth. :)
I was going to attempt to work my way up to it with Castrol Edge EP but around the 5K mile mark I was around a quart low, I’m like, well this isn’t going to work. By the time I were to get to around 20K miles I would have potentially added 4 quarts if not more so that wouldn’t have really been an accurate UOA.

If my car didn’t use oil maybe would have been different. Besides, I wouldn’t have done 20K miles before the “or one year” part came up. It would have maybe been 10-12K so I gave up on it. If I drove 30K miles + a year maybe would have been a nice experiment to try just for the sake of trying.

Back