Experiences buying tires at Walmart.com??

Walmart specials on tires are only warranty by Walmart. They sale lots of tires but manufacture (Goodyear) will not honor tires not only Walmart specific but same tires that you can buy at their place. I bought a cheap tire not expecting it to be a good tire but it served the purpose. I bought my tires from Goodyear.

i not sure anymore but WALMART used to have a house variety of tires made for them by major tire companys like MICHELIN and BF GOODRICH at significantly lower cost as some of the tire makers premier versions, especially for light truck tires.

The only time I bought a set for the fronts (to match the existing rears) and had them installed at WM, it literally took close to 4 hours.

They were not properly balanced, which ended up in steering vibrations at speed. Discount Tire sorted the problem in less than 30 minutes.

By all means, buy the tires at WM to save some coin. But to save your time, have them mounted and installed properly elsewhere.

Purchased a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II from Walmart online website and all was perfect. Working on getting my $70 rebate from Pirelli is still ongoing. [email protected] wants an invoice. Walmart does not use the word invoice. They use the wording order with shipped and billed. I even have the Fedex tracking tracking numbers that reference the Pirelli sales order on their (Pirellis end).

Hopefully someone at the rebate center can figure this out.

I purchased four tires-Dimax As-8 225/60/16 tires that were 64.00 a piece and they are very good tires overall-2000 Lexus LS 400. Had them sent to local York Pa Walmart when ordered them online. Got a message they arrived a couple days later and made an early morning Sunday appointment for them.
On the morning of the appointment-received call that only three of the tires actually showed up... decided to replace the two worst worn ones in the back and told them to keep the one tire until the other one arrived... I tried to track the missing tire-and called wal mart auto center-they couldn’t track it.. called another wal mart customer service type number and they gave me a third number which called and this person was excellent. She acknowledged tire was in ether somewhere so cancelled that order and ordered me another one-didn’t have to do anything with credit card-and this one arrived two days later and made another Sunday morning appointment. They mounted the two tires-all were made about six months before installation...
Glad I checked the date of tires about two days after installation-I couldn’t find the date on the sidewall of one tire and noticed it was installed backwards-asymmetrical tires-outside was faced inside-so went there the next morning 7am-and informed guys who were opening up that they made mistake. They acknowledged it and took it in first thing without me calling for appointment...
I did notice tires seemed a little shaky after a few thousand miles at highway speeds... took them in had them check balance before rotation and they said they were out of balance... PA roads are horrible and hit one curb when making sharp turn which could have impacted balance. So rough around edges-but price was excellent and they acknowledged mistake without hassle... price was like 16 a tire and bring my own oil and filter and they gave me excellent price for oil change and could watch them through the window to make sure used redline oil brought for the car.

I think it is easy to return, but last time I try to ask them to install a 45 profile tire they decline. I don't know how they can sell you a 40 profile time but decline to install a 45 profile one for me, maybe they do now but not back then.

I think it is easy to return, but last time I try to ask them to install a 45 profile tire they decline. I don't know how they can sell you a 40 profile time but decline to install a 45 profile one for me, maybe they do now but not back then.

Take the wheels off the car and just carry them in. People have been known to do this and Walmart was ok with it :sneaky:

Every tire i bought at Walmart was a reject of major retailers i.e. Goodyear tires i put on Mom's car had issues that Goodyear wouldn't take care of same with other brands different family members bought. I only buy if I can't afford from a direct tire or tire store. I could have saved money off my recent purchase of Goodyear Maxlife at Walmart but when I checked to see if Goodyear would warranty they said go to Walmart.

I never had a problem having WM mail-order tires shipped to the house. The one time I had them shipped to my local store was the only time I had problems missing part of my order. I've probably had 8+ sets sent to the house at this point. All came within days of order and never a problem.

In terms of tire warranty, for a tire in the under $100 range, for me it's not worth the hassle worrying about warranty. 30+ years of vehicle ownership and I've never had a tire issue fall under some type of warranty coverage.

I had warranty problem a few times, but not able to use the claim twice due to being on a road trip, and one time it failed to a point that nothing is left to be warrantied (overheat, separation, etc). I just toss the last tire away because I no longer trust it.

Now that I thought about it, it was really more of the installer problem. Just Tire before bankruptcy was using some Chinese valve stem that leaks and lead to a class action lawsuit, and I think I installed mine there on that set with 3/4 failures. I'm happy they went out of businesses, serve them right.

Walmart tires I got at ridiculously low price were the same formula as the General Altimax RT but some different pattern, I emailed General and they say the compound is the same. Walmart sent me some 3 year old stock and to be honest, I would only use it for my own car but not something I buy for others (who knows if they get stranded because of this) to save $30 per tire.

If all you care about is price, I think nobody can beat Walmart.

I am searching for a deal on tires in 245/40/19 because mine are starting to get low but it’s not an immediate situation. I found these Pirelli tires last night but Walmart’s website is a bit confusion and I am not sure what I will actually end up with if I actually order. In the picture, the header says Pirelli P Zero All Season, that’s okay but seem like the All Season Plus has been out since 2016 and has pretty good reviews. Same class as a Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ or a Conti DWS 06. So that’s the first issue. Is it really a plain P Zero All Season? Or is it the Plus. Second, the picture is flat out wrong.
If I buy for a total of $508 out the door and have them delivered to a Walmart store how much of a pain is it to return them if it’s not what I want? They could be very old or not what I’m looking for. $508 in that size is a very good deal on a new tire.
In my opinion, do not let walmart install them. I had very bad experience there and will never do that again. The hassle simply was not worth saving a few $$$. In my opinion, Costco is best but limited choice.

Back