Experience with Sabrecut ratchets?

I was recently exploring 1/4" ratchet options and saw the Sabrecut on Amazon. One of their models has the low profile head along with a breaker bar built into the handle. I often use a 1/4 breaker, and this design would be particularly nice for a travel tool set. However I have no experience with this brand. Does anyone know anything about it?

Screenshot_20221117_064824.jpg

I have no idea but a minimalist tool set would be the perfect place for this, if it's of a decent quality. If you do decide to get it, give us a report back on your findings.

Which HF model do you have?

Best one I have ever owned. To the point I have asked my techs here at work to buy them when they need a replacement, and I have yet to replace one on the jobsite either.

My son used mine as a hammer...the polymer is just destroyed, and it still works perfectly.

Best one I have ever owned. To the point I have asked my techs here at work to buy them when they need a replacement, and I have yet to replace one on the jobsite either.

My son used mine as a hammer...the polymer is just destroyed, and it still works perfectly.

That is good to know! When I am in the market for another non-flex ratchet it will be at the top of the list!

I just received the topic Sabrecut ratchet from Amazon. I bought this unit to test/evaluate and would happily return it if not useful.

It is exactly as pictured and appears to be built as well as many other 1/4 ratchets in that price range. I really like that it is stainless steel which is perfect for a seldom-used travel bag that is sometimes left in the car/boat for extended periods of time. I also like that the handle doubles as a breaker bar or nut runner. The entire unit is also tiny...a little longer than a stubby...so it will fit many tight places. However I don't like that the head is sealed and (apparently) cannot be disassembled.

Overall, I think this is a worthwhile addition to my pile of 1/4 ratchets, especially for the travel kit. The price is not bad, by today's standards, so I plan to keep it.

If they turned the breaker end 90 degrees, you could put an extension on the end for more leverage, maybe too much leverage.

Back