Everest Motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bbhero

I would run the oil made by your company if it was in my area. I have run Smitty's Supply oil in my car and it was just fine. So, I would have no problem running these oil from Global...

Ditto. If they carry the requisite ratings for my application and they were competitively priced - why not? But I haven't seen any of those brands up here in the NW.

Gentleman I ran this by our Lab Tech

We do use the same SN+GF5 package for all grades. It is the same quality base oil
Except Dexos. GM requires us to use a special package that has to be approved by GM.
We use a high quality base oil that does not require PAO.
Our 0W40 does use PAO

As for your question on the 5W30 Dexos as opposed to regular 10W30. As you may know the first digits 5 & 10 a cold crank temperatures
When the oil reaches a temperature of 100 degrees celcius it has the same viscosity range as a SAE 30 grade.

I hope i answered your question

Originally Posted by Edgar773
This product is not strictly a dealer item. As i previously said .

I AM NOT ENDORSING OR PROMOTING OUR PRODUCT.
HOWEVER I AM KNOWLEDGEABLE ON THIS PRODUCT I CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS

Ok, it may not be a strictly dealer item but it's definitely not a brick and mortar thing or even what I would consider widely available. Unless I missed something, I can only find it in bulk from Zoro and Grainger and a couple of other web retailers I've never heard of and one wanted $6+ for a quart of HiMi FS. (Fwiw, Pennzoil Platinum FS HiMi is under $23 for the 5qt jug on Amazon.. shipped free w/Prime. Warren Dist/SuperTech is even less for their FS HiMi)

You may have a quality oil but the price point for the qt size at least, is too rich for my blood especially when you consider the other brands available for under $6qt.

Last edited:
My intent was /is to be able to share and to give a definitive answer to general questions regarding U.S. Global Petroleum & it's products

Keep in mind that you checked out what Grainger charges . I cannot or will not discuss pricing on here. For possibility of crossing the line on the TOS agreement. you may pm me if you like..or send me an e-mail..

We do use the same SN+GF5 package for all grades. It is the same quality base oil
Except Dexos. GM requires us to use a special package that has to be approved by GM.
Our 0W40 does use PAO

As for your question on the 5W30 Dexos as opposed to regular 10W30. As you may know the first digits 5 & 10 a cold crank temperatures
When the oil reaches a temperature of 100 degrees celcius it has the same viscosity range as a SAE 30 grade.

Well this answer makes sense... A 0w40 would make sense to have PAO in it. Unless one could possibly use GTL +3 in it instead...

My intent was /is to be able to share and to give a definitive answer to general questions regarding U.S. Global Petroleum & it's products

Keep in mind that you checked out what Grainger charges . I cannot or will not discuss pricing on here. For possibility of crossing the line on the TOS agreement. you may pm me if you like..or send me an e-mail..

I get that and I apologise if it seemed I was trying to talk pricing, that was not my intention. I know I brought prices up but it was more rhetorical in nature.

I will PM you in the next day or so as suggested.

Originally Posted by bbhero

Our 0W40 does use PAO

Well this answer makes sense... A 0w40 would make sense to have PAO in it. Unless one could possibly use GTL +3 in it instead...

Yes it does make sense. I would expect a good 0W40 to have some PAO in it for it's high VI and cold starting ability.

It also makes sense that they use the same DI package and base oil for all SN & GF-5 oils, but that the Dexos approved oils require a special add package that was approved by GM.

It's also good that Everest put all their formal approvals on the web for all to see (in the download center).

This fits in to what you (BBHero) and Mad_Hatter said "If they carry the requisite ratings for my application" then you are good to go.

Edgar773, thank you for passing this question to the Lab Tech and getting back to me. It was very good of you.

To be honest, we have a oil industry insider here, happy to answer questions, I'm surprised more people are not taking you up on the offer. It's a good opportunity for the BITOG community.

If I may be so bold, to offer a suggestion for Everest, that is to include the Euro ACEA specs for the oils that carry them. Your full synthetic 5W40 carries Porsche A40, VW 502/505 and MB 229.3, so that means it should be ACEA A3/B4 (or at least A3/B3), so why don't you mark it as such. This will help some Euro car owners.

You also mention A1/B1 and A5/B5 in your Product Data Sheets, but you don't say which grades actually carry it. I know some Kia / Hyundai owners actively seek out A5/B5 oil, because it's in the owners manual.

With the global car market, having some European ACEA specs next to your API specs, makes your products standout. I hear these ACEA specs are a lot cheaper to get than Euro OEM specs, and most Euro OEM specs demand them as a starting point, so you should have already done the heavy lifting with your 5W40 synthetic, and possibly your 0W40 synthetic.

Best Regards.

Last edited:
I just wanted to note that I have been using Everest oil for about 4 years now. I first came by it at Smyth Automotive in Huber Heights Ohio as the price per quart jumped out at me. At the time I had a Cadillac Deville with a thirsty North* so I gave this oil (10w30) a go to save a buck. I used the high mileage formula for the extra zinc that it had over the standard 10w30. The oil did its job as I put 89k on the Deville (45K on Everest). Only sold the car due to fear of the dreaded head bolt issue with the NorthStar's. I now use it in all of my cars, 5w30 in my 2017 Fusion and my 2009 Impala. It's inexpensive for sure but so far it has served my engines and wallet well. Being in the fleet business I have seen what bad oil can do to an engine, Everest is not (in my opinion) a bad oil. Everest and a Wix filter and proper maintenance on the 09 impala (3.9) I've reached 200k with no issues. Cant see why it wont make 300k.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ka9mnx
There PDF is admitting it's a ho-hum oil.

That PDF just sold me on Pennzoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back