Ever had heated or cooled seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My truck has heated/cooled/massage seats and a heated steering wheel.

Yea, you really need all that.

My Accord has heated seats. I remember last year when I got the flu,I'd left my gf's law office after helping her out with one of her cases to go pick us up some dinner. She kissed me and said she'd see me at home,and then said "You feel hot!!". I was like,nah,I'm fine. Well,the fever kicked in and I was so cold and shivery that I had the heater on full blast and my heated seat on high,and was STILL cold!!

Have heated and cooled Leather on the Lex, and heated cloth on the BMW.
With the Lex, since we park in a garage (car is never ice cold/scalding hot) we usually forget to use the heaters/coolers.

As for the BMW, I find with cloth, it's always the right temp.

Originally Posted by 14Accent
Originally Posted by Zee09
On a hybrid they are a must.
Run them and not the hvac system.
Saves big mpg's and no waiting for hardly any heat

This. Having heated CLOTH seats is a huge bonus for preserving battery life in the winter. The seat heater uses about 150 watts, versus about 6 kilowatts for the electric coolant heater.

Buying a new battery more often (if your statement is at all accurate) for heated and cool seats is a small price to pay when you sit on them when you also have remote start and the vehicle knows if they need to be on cool or heat when you start it up remotely.

Oh-and the heated steering wheel in my new Silverado is really nice too!!

Last edited:
In Florida I really would like cooled or ventilated seats, although I have never spent enough money on a car to have that.

Heated seats would get used 3 times a year.

My wifes Audi has leather seats and my VW has cloth seats.
I DISLIKE the fell of her heated seats and every other vehicle I've been in with heated leather seats.
My VW feels down right AWESOME on a cold day when I turn my heated seat on. Cloth heated seats warm up quicker, too.

My Focus has a heated steering wheel and heated cloth seats. Wonderful in Minnesota.

Originally Posted by fdcg27
Heated seats are nice.
Our newer Forester has them as does my old BMW.
To the guy with the old Benz, the heaters are electric and probably shut down to prevent excessive draw on the electrical system.
We don't have this problem with either the newer Forester or the old BMW.
Maybe Mercedes cheaped out a bit on the alternator in your car?

No, it's pretty standard. Having a timer costs more than just a 3 position switch. At least the newer models have cooled seats as an option, in the past, those options were limited to the higher end models.

In the process of retrofitting headed seats into my 335. They are amazing. Still need to create a harness for the passenger seat. The guy I bought the seats from also has a heated steering wheel column for $300... I'm leaning towards it.

Having heated seats usually means having leather seats, which suck. Especially in AZ. They're too hot in the heat and they're freezing cold in the winter.

But my grandpa's 14' Grand Cherokee has heated/cooled seats. The cooled seats are marvelous.

My 2007 Cadillac has a heated steering wheel and heated and cooled seats. Just awesome! The Texas panhandle shifts from zero degrees in the winter to over a hundred in the summer, so they both get a workout.I think that seat cooler must have been invented by a crazy Russian named Frostyabalzoff!

We have heated and cooled seats on several vehicles. They are all nicer to drive than the Pinto's I drove in Driver's Ed.
laugh.gif

My wife will leave the passenger seat heater on high for a whole trip when I am driving in cold weather...I can't stand it on that setting for more than a couple of minutes. I will sometimes leave on low for long periods because I basically forget about it, but I am more comfortable if I turn the heater off completely after maybe 10 minutes.
I would like to have cooled seats someday, but that will probably have to become more of a standard feature for that to happen as I plan to retire early and be more frugal after that point. I've never really had a fancy car, but my last two were pretty loaded with options...maybe I will change my ways and buy a higher end used car in the future instead of going new, although I really just don't like the idea of used cars. A heated steering wheel sounds pretty sweet, too...

I laughed when my 14 RAM came with a heated steering wheel, but I don't anymore. It is great for old working hands!

The seats are heated, and they have an amazingly effective fan in them for cooling. I like a simple fan as opposed tot trying to duct cool air from the AC, it works extremely well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back