Ever eat possum?

Mom cooked a possum when I was a kid. What I remember was it didn't smell good while it was cooking in a pot on the stove.
It turned out we didn't try to eat it and she put it out for the dogs. I also remember the dogs would not eat that cooked possum either.

At that time I was running a small trap line and possum's and rabbits are about the only game I would catch. The possum hide's would bring about $1.25 to $1.50. Considering all the time it took to skin then clean and stretch the hides, it sure wasn't worth it. Times were different then for sure.
When a dog won't eat it you know it's really bad

(I have this, no joke)
I guess no one caught my woody + woodpecker joke. :LOL:

Some species of pine nuts are believed to be toxic anyway, meaning, don't harvest the nuts from trash pines that grow like weeds in the US. The ones packaged in Italy for use in pesto are from a 1–2 species of pine tree that grow there.

I guess no one caught my woody + woodpecker joke. :LOL:

Some species of pine nuts are believed to be toxic anyway, meaning, don't harvest the nuts from trash pines that grow like weeds in the US. The ones packaged in Italy for use in pesto are from a 1–2 species of pine tree that grow there.
Pretty much everyone swung and missed...........but me personally I get a real stress reaction if I keep a wooden toofpic in my mouth too long (not kidding)

Sorta just playing possum............

I’m still wondering why this post was made. I won’t ever eat roadkill. Oh well, if it was in front of me and I didn’t know I’d probably eat it.

I’m still wondering why this post was made. I won’t ever eat roadkill. Oh well, if it was in front of me and I didn’t know I’d probably eat it.
You'll have to ask the OP. I think he should try some and report back. And finally take a picture.

Possum doesn't have to be road kill. My grandpa used to catch them in traps in his fruit orchard. Nasty snarling thing, sharp teef!!

I doubt you would eat it, they stink. Maybe burled in vinegar, smoked in hickory and super spicy burning BBQ sauce, maybe.........shredded in a taco with all the fixin's

I finally caught a possum. Cut in half and flattened him out. Will have the nurse cook him tomorrow. :LOL:
1710362517369.jpg

Back