Ever eat possum?

Probably tasted woody.

(I have this, no joke)

(I have this, no joke)
From eating pine nuts? Wow. That will ruin your dinner. Which wine pairs well with pennies?

If not, you can buy it here...but pricy. Back when I was a kid and trapping, we got about $1 for a possum. ;)

No thanks. I hit enough of em on highways. I’ve ate groundhog which is good; but never a possum

..chances are they've got myxomatose.

Not a significant risk for humans

Opossums can carry a number of [other] infectious diseases including, leptospirosis, tuberculosis, relapsing fever, tularemia, spotted fever, toxoplasmosis, coccidiosis, and Chagas disease.

Back in the late 70's and early 80's, the town where I lived at the time, had an Izzak Walton wild game feed every year. All sorts of wild game served. I would normally get a taste of each, then go back for my favorites.

Had my one and only beaver. Who ever cooked it, knew what they were doing. Got more of that for sure! Personally, I have never eaten possum. Just found that website yesterday and wanted to share! Worst meat I ate there was bear. But that may have been how it was cooked.

Back in the late 70's and early 80's, the town where I lived at the time, had an Izzak Walton wild game feed every year. All sorts of wild game served. I would normally get a taste of each, then go back for my favorites.

Had my one and only beaver. Who ever cooked it, knew what they were doing. Got more of that for sure! Personally, I have never eaten possum. Just found that website yesterday and wanted to share! Worst meat I ate there was bear. But that may have been how it was cooked.
The taste of bear also depends on what it's been eating. We had a friend from Alaska that served us yummy bear enchiladas. He told a story about a black bear that he'd shot that had been eating wild skunk cabbage. Even his dogs wouldn't touch it.

Never had possum. We used to fish a lot, Tuna, Blues, Mako Shark... One time, my dad caught a good sized Hammerhead. We tried cooking it. It was absolutely awful.

If not, you can buy it here...but pricy. Back when I was a kid and trapping, we got about $1 for a possum. ;)
Sure - when they play possum - I start to marinate … 🙄

I was once at a friend's house, and we caught a possum. He happened to have a small dog leash. So we put it on the possum and he snapped a picture. Look's like I was taking my possum out for a walk.

Wish I could find that picture and post it here. :LOL: :LOL::LOL:

Not knowingly.

We had a guy in our group when I was stationed in Connecticut (US Navy.) He was from West Virginia. Not sure what town as it was too far in the sticks to get a name I think.

He used to bring in a crock pot of "mystery meat" every Friday. You learned quick not to touch it.......

:)

It was so long ago I don't remember but we used to do it with Mako and Tuna so probably. I remember the hammerhead meat was pink. Didn't look like mako meat at all. Certainly didn't taste like it.
I have not had shark but sharks almost had me. The local fishermen drain all the blood from the shark, then soak the meat in milk for many hours to reduce the stench of ammonia. I see mostly threshers being caught. Some dogfish.

Back