EV Startup VinFast’s Market Debut Pushes Value Higher Than GM, Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Not posting any articles because I've been warned about violating copyright. But checkout your favorite news source for the story.

It was launched via a SPAC and 99% of the shares are owned by one guy. Something like 90% of the investors pulled their money from the SPAC before it dropped onto the NASDAQ, leaving one person, Pham Nhat Vuong, the founder, with almost all the shares. Only 1% of total shares are available for active trading, which makes the price highly volatile.

This is like saying I'm the MVP and championship quarterback in a football league I own and created, where I'm also the only player. It's not a false statement, but it's also not a particularly valuable statement.

Key takeaway: Things went very wrong for VinFast and their SPAC. It wasn't supposed to be like this and doesn't indicate anything good for the company.

As I type this, the share price is tanking in after-hours trading. I'm sure it will be back up... then down... then back up... then down a whole bunch more before markets open in the morning.

Also, why pick on GM and Ford? It's market value was also higher than Mercedes Benz, BMW, Volkswagen, Stellantis, Honda, and Nissan too.

Not posting any articles because I've been warned about violating copyright. But checkout your favorite news source for the story.
uh posting a link to their article isnt violating copyright? or what am I missing.

uh posting a link to their article isnt violating copyright? or what am I missing.
I've done so many times before, but lately been warned. I probably am missing something too.

Mods
But like I said, I'm probably missing the Germain reason for it.
making this thread without a link is a poor posting imo.
We are all supposed to go duckduckgo and hopefully find the article?
maybe @M56959 could clear up what copyright infringement has to do with this?

First this is being locked since the topic seems to be copyright questions and moderation, both of which should be handled privately as noted in general board information.

Don't copy paste the entire article. If members are curious they will use the link you must provide.

If the story meant so much, that you felt the need to share it, then it should include your thoughts on that topic.

Using a click bait title to a topic and or posting just a link. Is facebook drivel and unwelcome here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back