EV propaganda this is interesting John Deere

Didn't watch all of it, just a few seconds. From 2017? where is it now?

To me, this seems like a bad design, given the high and continuous demand of power. OTOH the extra weight is good for traction? Still, not sure this really works out, even if one could swap batteries quickly and "easily" in the field. [Going to have a pickup that runs batteries all around?]

Yep, those new-fangled horseless carriages are a fad said the horse lovers. Things change. I was hoping hydrogen-fueled vehicles would be the new thing. Toyota seems to think so. I figure I can charge an EV easily enough with wind and solar and with a two hundred mile range it would work for me. I kind of like my two paid-for ICE vehicles though.

Yep, those new-fangled horseless carriages are a fad said the horse lovers. Things change. I was hoping hydrogen-fueled vehicles would be the new thing. Toyota seems to think so. I figure I can charge an EV easily enough with wind and solar and with a two hundred mile range it would work for me. I kind of like my two paid-for ICE vehicles though.
I always love this argument. Cars vs. horses is completely different than EVs vs. ICE. Cars had huge advantages over horses at the time that EVs do not yet have over ICEs. In fact for most people you could argue EVs are the opposite. EVs are great for certain situations, but try to sell someone an EV who lives in an apartment complex.

The harvest window is small and is when farmers need to maximum the use of their equipment. Several hours of downtime to charge a combine before it can be back up again is not ideal.
If a battery could be swapped like many warehouses do with forklifts and power equipment than that would make it better. I live in the country and have access to 3 phase electric which would make charging such equipment better.

But there are some things we need to let burn fuel and that is planes and farming equipment.

I always love this argument. Cars vs. horses is completely different than EVs vs. ICE. Cars had huge advantages over horses at the time that EVs do not yet have over ICEs. In fact for most people you could argue EVs are the opposite. EVs are great for certain situations, but try to sell someone an EV who lives in an apartment complex.
It should be interesting to see what develops in the next few years. Maybe mandatory charging stations for every renter? I think autonomous EVs, Like a taxi, will become popular. I was trying to point out that change happens and there are always people who argue against it. Sometimes they are right. At harvest time those monster tractors run 24 hours a day, so diesel rigs make the most sense.

Knowing it's a "John! oh Deer, fix it now! or we're getting a divorce" product i expect it to be useless.

Companies have to release attractive ditties like these to maintain the appearance of modernity and competition.

A few short years before dissolution, Saab publicized a variable displacement engine which featured a hinged cylinder head. Like a coffin lid it swung up a bit. At first glance the real trick would've been actually making the telescoping cylinder.

It was dismissed in car mags using the language in my first sentence. Misleading stockholders also was mentioned.

This will be taken care of as new apartments are built. As it stands now-for those who live in apartments or street parking-are the only valid objections that are not silly or will not be solved shortly.

The electric cars are coming BITOGers....

Last edited:
This will be taken care of as new apartments are built. As it stands now-for those who live in apartments or street parking-are the only valid objections that are not silly or will not be solved shortly.

The electric cars are coming BITOGers....
Apartments and condos around here are starting to install chargers based on demand. Condos are moving more quickly than apartments, of course.

Reactions: CKN
Some people get free charging at their workplace. That's an easy sale to them. Some apartment complexes have chargers or will have them soon.

Try selling me a gas-guzzler with $4-6/gal gasoline.

Also, regarding "EV propaganda" being used in the title. I'm 100% sure that if I posted a thread stating "oil and gas propaganda," it would get shut down as political. Maybe BITOG is scared that they'll be no more endless engine oil debates when all vehicles are driven by electric motors!!!
lol

Also, regarding "EV propaganda" being used in the title. I'm 100% sure that if I posted a thread stating "oil and gas propaganda," it would get shut down as political. Maybe BITOG is scared that they'll be no more endless engine oil debates when all vehicles are driven by electric motors!!!
lol
I can't wait for the "Thick vs. Thin" ones to go the way of the dinosaur......or which 5w/20 is "thicker".

Battery EV makes the least sense when you need long run high output.
When charging is provided by fossil fuels with power grid losses that doesnt make the numbers any better.

Large Tractors are typically powered by huge motors and need hundreds of hp continuously.

The power needed even dwarfs a semi for example as far as continuous heavy load.

Makes no sense now except in niche cases.. maybe island farming with solar.

Again, tell that to the guys who drive their Teslas across the country. OR-the Mercedes EV sedan I recently mentioned in another thread with a 600 mile range-knowing the demographics on here that range is more than 90% of the bladders out there.

The harvest window is small and is when farmers need to maximum the use of their equipment. Several hours of downtime to charge a combine before it can be back up again is not ideal.
If a battery could be swapped like many warehouses do with forklifts and power equipment than that would make it better. I live in the country and have access to 3 phase electric which would make charging such equipment better.

But there are some things we need to let burn fuel and that is planes and farming equipment.
plus the chase trucks that move the wheat to the rail lines.
It's all diesel powered because it has to be. Even the diesel-electromotive trains.... ????
Batteries have no chance at harvest time.

lol

it'll turn to talk about saving $3-5k on your $20,000 battery pack with a nine year life span.
there is no escape, fun to pretend there is though.

Back