Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 810 projector install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have become involved in the installation of 2 Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 810 Home Theatre projectors. They are connected to a computer with a video card that has a 1 - HDMI port, 1 - DVI port, and 1 - Display Port.

I would have thought that connecting the projectors to the HDMI port would be the preferred choice for performance, yet they connected the projectors to the DVI port of the video card using a DVI to VGA converter, and then connected the monitor and the 2 projectors to a 4 port VGA hub, and ran VGA cables to the VGA ports on the projectors. And they totally ignored the HDMI ports on both the video card and projectors.

Is there some reason to ignore the HDMI port and use VGA? That seems to me like this install went backwards in time. Can someone explain what the installers could have possibly been thinking on this?

It might be a limitation of the projector. I have a JVC Rear Projection TV that will not accept signal from a PC over any input but the TV's VGA port.

I don't think so, because the owner's manual lists two connections that can be made from a computer source... HDMI and VGA.

Between the computer and one projector is probably 50 feet, the distance between the computer and the other projector is probably 80 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back