Engine shudder when coming to a stop

I’ve got a weird Intermittent problem, when I’m coming to a stop in traffic and have my foot on the break the engine shudders and the revs dip, it feels like it’s almost going to stall (it never actually does stall) and then recovers and continues to idle normally. It’s been happening since I bought the car car is 15 years old I got it last year. The car has had a new MAF and IACV and it still has the same issue. I can’t replicate the issue when stationary it only happens when I’ve just come to a stop. Its a manual and the clutch pedal Is pressed in when stopping. Any clues?

OEM IACV? I put a parts store brand IAC in my Explorer and continued to have problems. A new Motorcraft part sorted it out.

Does it only do it when the clutch is depressed? My guess is that is where the problem is.
Throwout bearing? .......Seems it would be more repeatable if it was that or the slave cylinder/arm.

Throwout bearing? .......Seems it would be more repeatable if it was that or the slave cylinder/arm.

That was my first thought. I seem to recall someone back in my youth that had this particular issue. If I recall correctly it was in the clutch. Throw out bearing, cracked clutch plate or something on that order.

I’ve got a weird Intermittent problem, when I’m coming to a stop in traffic and have my foot on the break the engine shudders and the revs dip, it feels like it’s almost going to stall (it never actually does stall) and then recovers and continues to idle normally. It’s been happening since I bought the car car is 15 years old I got it last year. The car has had a new MAF and IACV and it still has the same issue. I can’t replicate the issue when stationary it only happens when I’ve just come to a stop. Its a manual and the clutch pedal Is pressed in when stopping. Any clues?
Had a somewhat similar issue and had no CEL.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/car-struggles-to-idle-without-stalling.333553/

Turned out that the fuel injectors were either clogged or there was too much carbon buildup in the intake manifold. If it happens only when braking check the brake booster.

Here are some checks: Put the car in neutral, does it still occur? Is the engine hot or cold or doesn't matter? Ambient air temperature make a difference? Does it only do it when the brakes are depressed? These are just a few things to check (I am sure there are more). What you want to do is get more detail and try to eliminate systems so you can zero in on the cause.

Back