Engine oil fill hole {pics}

2010 Ford Crown Vic with 118k miles on it was a local department cruiser when it was purchased at auction current fill is HPL 15w40 CK4
C5561665-7D20-4324-9A88-8A4ADC776631.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP, perhaps you should consider HPL motor oil or the engine cleaner? It doesn't look great, but not bad either......keep us posted...

i'd change oil sooner from now on also change the brand of oil if it was me M1 for example good quality filter too

It looks OK, certainly not great. Not an attack, but I've seen better. I'd shorten the OCI.

Oh, dang. I should've posted mine. I didn't know there was a new thread :)

This was my first thought as well, "Is this a new fill hole pics thread" or is this supposed to be solely about OP's beautiful fill hole?

Beautiful ones so far.. here is black as night fill hole, Toyota 3.3L V6, 157k miles. Oil looks as new. Seems to be a ramp the oil runs down, can't see down into it.

20220812_071438.jpg
20220812_071503.jpg

Last edited:
How do you guys get a good picture of it?

I tired, and it's very hard to see, but i'll post it up anyways

How do you guys get a good picture of it?

I tired, and it's very hard to see, but i'll post it up anyways
I used an external flashlight and shone it down in there, as much light as possible to catch whatever may or may not be there. Some distance and angle experimentation is needed for a very good shot.

Do you know the oil change history on this? Same oil and filter or different brands each change? Intervals?

I can only hope my accord looks this clean at that mileage
5-6K with conventional for the first 90K, then Syn at the same intervals thereafter.

It burns a lot of oil though.

Back