Engine oil color after 130 miles

In this case of gdi motor...

I agree with you.

In case of a diesel motor.

I agree too.

In these two motors oil color changes very, very, very, very quickly. Which does make oil color in those cases a non applicable circumstance.

However... Port injected motor I disagree to a degree.

The oil color in port injected does change over time and it does give an idea of oxidation and heat exposure over time. In Port injection motors oil color changes quite slowly over time. The blackest color oil aka jet black I have observed was in my Nissan Sentra and that oil had 10k miles on it. Yet when I typically changed the oil in that car at 4k miles it was much lighter in it's color.

I correlate this too blood....

Many people believe blood is blood is blood... Not true.

Blood has a observable quality to it. Someone on blood thinners one will observe it's much thinner in it's viscosity vs regular blood. It's obvious too.

And if someone has very high blood glucose levels one will observe it's much, much, much thicker in it's viscosity... My friend Scott had a blood glucose levels of 1200 when taken to the ER... I was told his blood was like molasses in it's thickness. He was in a coma for 2 plus days. I have taken people's blood when their glucose levels were around 450 to 500 and it was noticably thicker.
Hopefully these DKA guys did alright afterwards.
Anyway you know Nissan engines well so I agree with you

In this case of gdi motor...

I agree with you.

In case of a diesel motor.

I agree too.

In these two motors oil color changes very, very, very, very quickly. Which does make oil color in those cases a non applicable circumstance.

However... Port injected motor I disagree to a degree.

The oil color in port injected does change over time and it does give an idea of oxidation and heat exposure over time. In Port injection motors oil color changes quite slowly over time. The blackest color oil aka jet black I have observed was in my Nissan Sentra and that oil had 10k miles on it. Yet when I typically changed the oil in that car at 4k miles it was much lighter in it's color.

I correlate this too blood....

Many people believe blood is blood is blood... Not true.

Blood has a observable quality to it. Someone on blood thinners one will observe it's much thinner in it's viscosity vs regular blood. It's obvious too.

And if someone has very high blood glucose levels one will observe it's much, much, much thicker in it's viscosity... My friend Scott had a blood glucose levels of 1200 when taken to the ER... I was told his blood was like molasses in it's thickness. He was in a coma for 2 plus days. I have taken people's blood when their glucose levels were around 450 to 500 and it was noticably thicker.
Not to be picky, but blood on blood “thinners” do not change the viscosity or thinness of the blood, it simply prevents you from clotting. Blood is the same until an event that would cause a clot (cut, impact, heart defect, whatever) but won’t allow the clot to form (hopefully). It may appear different as it’s leaving a wound or during a blood draw, but that’s because it’s not clotting.

Otherwise I agree - oil changes color much quicker in GDI engine compared to a port injected engine. Not even close from what I’ve seen/experienced.

The amsoil have been used in this engine for the past 60k miles from what he said lol.
Ditch the amsoil and change it more often with more reasonably priced oil if you want the fresh oil to look cleaner.
Your right! Then he was going too long on the SS...

Back