ENA coils from Amazon

IDK, thousands of reviews across many makes and models...What are you getting when you buy something in a NAPA box? They sell plenty of Dorman and who knows what there.

I am not convinced the OEM coils were bad, because the sparking stopped with a boot from a 4.6 2v (needed a bit of hacking). Most choose to reboot on this motor, but the cost of boots is close to a coil set. One of my boots actually disintegrated when I pulled it out. So I always have a set of backup boots.

They seem ok so far, I will try to keep updated. Replacing the coils on this engine is really easy, you can do it in a parking lot. I have a 8mm and plenty of spares :lol:.
Thousands of reviews - you mean bots that are promoting the product?

Have you received the coils yet? Installed them?

These are the ones I was referring to. Not sure about the OP.

I'm a little more accepting of this off brand stuff because I've done a huge volume of work over the years and have had more than a fair share of comebacks and warranty issues with the name brands, especially in the late 90s-2000's. I had already lost faith in the big names by the time this stuff came around. In my experience, this stuff is usually BETTER than name brand, certainly at least equal to, for a fraction of the price. There are exceptions of course. But as long as quality remains low in the name brands, I see no risk in trying the unknowns. I usually end up pretty happy in doing so.

These are the ones I was referring to. Not sure about the OP.

I'm a little more accepting of this off brand stuff because I've done a huge volume of work over the years and have had more than a fair share of comebacks and warranty issues with the name brands, especially in the late 90s-2000's. I had already lost faith in the big names by the time this stuff came around. In my experience, this stuff is usually BETTER than name brand, certainly at least equal to, for a fraction of the price. There are exceptions of course. But as long as quality remains low in the name brands, I see no risk in trying the unknowns. I usually end up pretty happy in doing so.
Here are mine. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HIOR04O?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1. Fakespot gives a B :lol: Not bad, even for a top brand.

How many miles on the original malfunctioning ones? Got a junkyard around?
No Junkyard here. The problem with this engine is the coils are probably fine (this is a commercial engine for those who don't know, you can still get it in a 2023 superduty). The boots wear out. Honestly the ENA boots would fit right on the old ones in the worst case. Like I posted, a set of boots is $70.

Thousands of reviews - you mean bots that are promoting the product?

Have you received the coils yet? Installed them?
I am doing other work on the truck, yes they are installed but just drove it around the block, then maybe a few miles. The sparking is gone, so is a slight surge at idle. Truck feels stronger too. They look as good or better than OEM. Have no idea about longevity, but considering how easy it is to change these coils, it may be worth a risk. And like I said, the boots can always go on the OEM coils. The coils are not a common failure on this motor.

Back