ENA coils from Amazon

I have a 6.2L F150 and some of the coils are sparking to the head. Since there is a backup sparkplug, no risk of hard misfire but this thing isn't a prius.
I believe the boots were bad because dielectric grease helped for a while. Anyway the choices are $80 ea Motorcraft or Denso coils, a set of boots and resistors for around that price, and for $105, a brand new spanking set of 8 ENA coils. I do not like buying aftermarket, but his brand seems to have tons of good reviews that don't seem fake. Anyway, even if they don't turn out great, I got a high quality set of boots and resistors for the old Ford Coils(most are probably still good). So far so good, mileage certainly went up! Smooth idle. Replacing the sticking caliper and brake hose on each side helped too! Felt like I was towing above its 11.1K capacity.

They are made by a certified manufacturer
Any experience with these?

If they are the best you can afford then I guess you have no choice. When buying ignition components you should buy the best you can afford - up to and including OEM.

There is a reason they are so inexpensive and when their claim to fame is that they're the best selling ignition coil on Amazon then you know they have some skeletons in the closet.

Bite the bullet and let us know how long they last.

If they are the best you can afford then I guess you have no choice. When buying ignition components you should buy the best you can afford - up to and including OEM.

There is a reason they are so inexpensive and when their claim to fame is that they're the best selling ignition coil on Amazon then you know they have some skeletons in the closet.

Bite the bullet and let us know how long they last.
IDK, thousands of reviews across many makes and models...What are you getting when you buy something in a NAPA box? They sell plenty of Dorman and who knows what there.

I am not convinced the OEM coils were bad, because the sparking stopped with a boot from a 4.6 2v (needed a bit of hacking). Most choose to reboot on this motor, but the cost of boots is close to a coil set. One of my boots actually disintegrated when I pulled it out. So I always have a set of backup boots.

They seem ok so far, I will try to keep updated. Replacing the coils on this engine is really easy, you can do it in a parking lot. I have a 8mm and plenty of spares :lol:.

ENA = Extremely Not Advisable

Get Motorcraft or Denso.
I am inclined now to just use the ENA boots and resistors on the stock coils. I believe they are all working, usually the coils are rebooted on this application. This application has a boot, spring and tiny "pill" resistor between the spring and coil conductor that eventually turns to dust.
I don't drive the truck much and I can keep an eye on things.

I bought a set of "Toyota" coils for my old Tundra V8. Looked pretty darn good, lemme tell ya.
The originals are back on...

Good luck if you cheap out. It sure didn't work for me.

I would rather purchase the house value brand coils at AAP, AZ, NAPA, or O'Reilly before I purchased the ENA coils from Amazon. Too many warning flags for me!

A friend from work had a coil that was dropping out. Hyundai Elantra 2013. Then another one went. I found these ENA coils on Amazon and it fit her budget. Set of 4 was about $30. She is a single Mom and not a lot of cash.

Been a year now and seem to be okay.

I've used these exact coils over a number of Ford 4.6/5.4 engines over the course of 5 years, including my own.

Not one failure, yet. In my world, that's a better track record than any name brand replacement.

I would rather purchase the house value brand coils at AAP, AZ, NAPA, or O'Reilly before I purchased the ENA coils from Amazon. Too many warning flags for me!

And? Likely they are sourced from a vendor like ENA, but marked up so the CEO can make 8 figures. https://www.autozone.com/ignition-t...oil/p/duralast-ignition-coil-c1800/383560_0_0

Motorcraft is actually quite a bit cheaper if you go the Rockauto route :lol:. So that that mean Autozone is better quality?

Well, for starters, if one of the locally acquired "value priced" coils were to die in the first 12 months, you could get them warranted locally rather than having to deal with Amazon and their inability to understand that for auto parts they are to act as the representative of the vendor that is selling the part and must honor the warranty. Secondly, purchasing a "value oriented" auto part from AAP, NAPA, O'Reilly or AZ might (emphasis on might) just get you a slightly better chance of purchasing a part with at least some semblance of quality control in the manufacturing process.

Think about this for a moment. Why is it that the cost of a single "premium" ignition coil from Motorcraft, Delphi, ACDelco, Standard Motor Products, Hitachi, etc, is often on par with the cost of 6 or 8 of the ignition coils from the "off brand" parts vendors on Amazon or ebay? Sure, some people are going to luck out and actually get a halfway decent part from the no-name guys, but many, many more will be getting less than desirable parts from the same vendors. Statistics spells that out just as it says that every now and then the "premium part" players will sell a defective part to a few people.

Me, I would rather put my money towards parts from companies that have been around for awhile, have a reputation to uphold and actually have a bona fides Quality Assurance program in place.

I know it is your money, and your truck, so purchase the parts you want, and best of luck to you whichever path you take.

whitebox coils are a gamble. some of them are stellar others are junk. these seem to be pretty good

obviously local parts stores are to be avoided unless you run a repair facility and have no other choice.

Are all 8 coils and boots easy to get at on this truck?

That would be the deciding factor for me. If I had to pull an intake manifold or the likes for a coil / plug change, I'd buy OEM.

Are all 8 coils and boots easy to get at on this truck?

That would be the deciding factor for me. If I had to pull an intake manifold or the likes for a coil / plug change, I'd buy OEM.
Very easy. 8mm, the low voltage connector, then the wire to the second plug. Then you pull out the coil. For me is it easy to change. I made this thread because the company really seemed to have a good track record, and it could be an option for some. Even if you buy an extra coil or two it seems like a good deal. Maybe they want to establish themselves for an OEM supplier with a great product.

Do I know about ignition parts? China parts? Yeah, I am working with cars since the 90s. Every aftermarket brake hose is made by Sunsong. Raybestos, Dorman, AcDelco, Duralast, Carquest, etc. It is OEMed by them. Sunsong went on to buy the GM brake hose supplier.

Think about this for a moment. Why is it that the cost of a single "premium" ignition coil from Motorcraft, Delphi, ACDelco, Standard Motor Products, Hitachi, etc, is often on par with the cost of 6 or 8 of the ignition coils from the "off brand" parts vendors on Amazon or ebay? .
Maybe because those brands need to cover the cost of that many more warranty replacements :p They aren't going to eat that.

Really, though. It's not likely that those names are 6-8x more because they are 6-8x better, if that's what you were suggesting.

If you'd bothered to read the reviews on the product in question, you'd doubt your comment that while a few get ok parts, many many more don't.

I'm at least 50 for 50 good coils with these, over the course of years. Many more good results from others.

Where are the bad ones?

Last edited:
emmett442, I am happy to hear that you have had excellent luck with the ENA coils, I really am. However, with all the reports of counterfeit auto parts on ebay and Amazon, and the proliferation of bogus reviews on Amazon, I am simply urging folk to be cautious.

For a legitimate vendor that is just starting out and selling a quality product (perhaps even better than any competitor's same product), I am sure it is an uphill battle to become established selling products that it seems that every other company is selling. The new vendor has to put with biases from the manufacturer's, installers, DIYers, and end users towards/against existing brands, conduct meaningful advertising, sales calls, etc. to spread the word about their product.

I admit, I never heard of ENA prior to this thread, and, I also admit that I have never heard of a lot of other companies too. That is what makes this forum so wonderful. We get to hear experiences of new and existing products - both good and bad, and then we can use that information when we purchase those or similar products. After all, we all have different tolerances for risks when it comes to trying new brands of parts and other products. To that I say, Thank you to all the "risk takers" and your reports!

emmett442, I am happy to hear that you have had excellent luck with the ENA coils, I really am. However, with all the reports of counterfeit auto parts on ebay and Amazon, and the proliferation of bogus reviews on Amazon, I am simply urging folk to be cautious.

For a legitimate vendor that is just starting out and selling a quality product (perhaps even better than any competitor's same product), I am sure it is an uphill battle to become established selling products that it seems that every other company is selling. The new vendor has to put with biases from the manufacturer's, installers, DIYers, and end users towards/against existing brands, conduct meaningful advertising, sales calls, etc. to spread the word about their product.

I admit, I never heard of ENA prior to this thread, and, I also admit that I have never heard of a lot of other companies too. That is what makes this forum so wonderful. We get to hear experiences of new and existing products - both good and bad, and then we can use that information when we purchase those or similar products. After all, we all have different tolerances for risks when it comes to trying new brands of parts and other products. To that I say, Thank you to all the "risk takers" and your reports!
When I see a lot of reviews for an unknown to me brand I figure at least 50% or more of the reviews are bogus. In Firefox I use Fakespot to weed out the trash reviews.

Back