Emissions readiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my 2015 Superduty Diesel, I am running into an issue with registration (due in 2 days) because I cannot get it emissions ready to take the emissions test. A week ago the dealer was repairing a check engine light and erased the codes, I have since gone 175 miles and had 10 engine warm up events but on my scanners emissions readiness function it still shows HTR as not ready, everything else has become ready. I think HTR is heated O2 sensor heater, but does a diesel even have that, I don't know, I'm not well versed in diesels. Why would that take so long unless it's bad?

Aren't you allowed to have one monitor not ready?
smile.gif

When is the first inspection due for new cars?

But diesel truck inspection could differ from the car laws

What repair was done?

There will be 6 temp senors in your cat/DPF assembly. As well as a pressure sensor. There are also modules associated with the 2 NOX trap temp sensors.

Slacktide: 1. I don't know. 2. For this truck it was the second year, and now the 4th.
Repairs: Upper oil pan gasket, DEF sending unit re-calibration, some sort of crankcase ventilation kit that had thrown a code. After I picked it up I got 20 miles and then another check engine light and the engine was knocking so back to the dealer. This time they re-calibrated the fuel injectors and gave it back. On my scan tool now the two affected fuel injectors show huge negative readings while the other 6 look normal on the plus side.

Get the stealership to warranty to fix it until it can pass inspection/test.
Was all these repairs as warranty claim?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 2004tdigls
Originally Posted by clinebarger
Post a picture of your readiness monitors, Diesels don't have O2 sensors but the do have EGT probes in the exhaust.

sorry but you are not correct, most diesels do have O2 sensors (VW TDI example)

https://www.kermatdi.com/i-117-oxygen-sensor-bew-bhw-1k0998262n.html

it is used to adjust the EGR rate and timing by the ECU

I'm not familiar with VW diesels.....But the closet thing Big 3 HD diesel engines use to a O2 sensor is NOX sensors.

Originally Posted by 2004tdigls
Post a picture of your readiness monitors, Diesels don't have O2 sensors but the do have EGT probes in the exhaust.

sorry but you are not correct, most diesels do have O2 sensors (VW TDI example)

https://www.kermatdi.com/i-117-oxygen-sensor-bew-bhw-1k0998262n.html

it is used to adjust the EGR rate and timing by the ECU

I'm not familiar with VW diesels.....But the closet thing Big 3 HD diesel engines use to a O2 sensor is NOX sensors.

Ya, the only time I have seen an "O2" sensor on a diesel was when we had a used Audi Q something which needed a Lambda sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back