Emgo Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys... What do you think of the Oil Filter brand EMGO?...

Wondering how good of filter they are with regards to construction and filtering media..

They claim to use a synthetic miscroglass media... rated at 10 microns...

Cant find too much online, so what do you guys think of them?

thanks

Read the box, I stopped using them since the box said something like change every 1000 miles, if that's all their good for according to the people that make them I would worry.

I asked the local cycle shop about the boxes on Emgo filters. Old design which they never changed. I never had a problem with those filters. Although I can get HiFlo Filtro filters for the same $$$.

We used them for road racing for several years. Seems to be a fine filter. Yes, they might be an OEM supplier.

Not OEM.
Emgo filters are made in China.
Japanese MFGs generally only use other Japanese components; often because they have a partial ownership in those vendors.

There were some BMW boxers damaged by EMGO filters in the early/mid eighties. The glue would melt and block the oil passages.

An oil filter is not a major, lifetime investment. Spend an extra buck or two and buy a quality, name brand filter.

Ed

I can get OEM Honda spin-on filters for $6.99 each.

With a price like that, there's no need for aftermarket filters for me.

Emgo filters I bought one time said change after 1000 miles, never bought one again. If they only trust it for 1000 miles and they are the ones making them I decided I didn't trust them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back