Email I got from a co-worker concerning VP oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched to VP 5w30 oil about a month ago,and am currently using it my Ford Explorer. There's a co-worker who was wondering about VP oil so I told her about it.Well, today I get this email from her stating

Quote:

got bad news about your new oil. I was told by the seller of the oil not to use it in our cars. I will explain more later or Monday. If you don't work Monday, email me back and I will explain in an email before Monday. But my mechanic said he wouldn't put it in my car, as it would do great harm to the lifters. And the Vp seller said the same thing. He did say he would sell it to me if I wanted, but he didn't want to be responsible for what happened to my engine. Sorry. Both guys said Mobile is the only way to go. Especially the VP dealer, he races in Florida, Colorado, and 17 other states, and uses mobile syn, including his tow truck that has over 160,000 miles on it. I have the vp dealers number if you would like to have it explained better than I can.
- Show quoted text -

I dont get it,because talking to VP's tech line,they said it was fine to run.I've got 600 miles on the oil, and it's not showing anything abnormal.So does anyone here have any long term driven vehicles with this oil?

Thanks!

She did not talk to VP tech it sounds like she talked to some yahoo that sell's it. It is like AMsoil Reps some are top notch and some wear aluminum foil bennies/hats!

Quote:

She did not talk to VP tech it sounds like she talked to some yahoo that sell's it. It is like AMsoil Reps some are top notch and some wear aluminum foil bennies/hats!

Yup, I know
wink.gif
Here's another email I just recieved a minute ago after I told her I was not having any issues with the oil. It reads:

Quote:

But Tom, the guy in Pierce that was using VP in his racing car, said that VP was made for cars that needed sulfer to cushion the lifters. Cars as new as mine (which is a 2002 - don't know what year you are driving) don't need that sulfer to cushion and in fact it is harmful to the newer cars

This whole thing sounds like #@$%! from her machanic to me.

I can't remember the levels in VP, but I am sure that he is confusing sulfer with zinc and phosphorous, and has bought in to the whole "if you don't use SM rated oil in your newer car it will explode" myth without really knowing much about the issue and the reasons for SM classification.

*bangs head against keyboard*

DragRace, my only suggestion is to run your OCI, drain it, send a sample to Terry Dyson, and let an expert guide you, and not hearsay. If you are truly interested and/or worried about the oil you are using, it is $50 well spent.

Best regards,

Quote:

I switched to VP 5w30 oil about a month ago,and am currently using it my Ford Explorer. There's a co-worker who was wondering about VP oil so I told her about it.Well, today I get this email from her stating

Quote:

got bad news about your new oil. I was told by the seller of the oil not to use it in our cars. I will explain more later or Monday. If you don't work Monday, email me back and I will explain in an email before Monday. But my mechanic said he wouldn't put it in my car, as it would do great harm to the lifters. And the Vp seller said the same thing. He did say he would sell it to me if I wanted, but he didn't want to be responsible for what happened to my engine. Sorry. Both guys said Mobile is the only way to go. Especially the VP dealer, he races in Florida, Colorado, and 17 other states, and uses mobile syn, including his tow truck that has over 160,000 miles on it. I have the vp dealers number if you would like to have it explained better than I can.
- Show quoted text -

I dont get it,because talking to VP's tech line,they said it was fine to run.I've got 600 miles on the oil, and it's not showing anything abnormal.So does anyone here have any long term driven vehicles with this oil?

Thanks!

Mobile? Is that as in Mobile, Alabama, or in a Mobile Home as in a trailer park?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back