Elusive Royal Purple, where to buy odd Grades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consistent with the seeming Resurgence of Royal Purple, I wonder where I can pick up some Royal Purple 0W-40 Or 15W-40 (even 10W-40 or 20W-50, why not) at Stores. All I see is RP 5W-30 and 10W-30, and this oil seems pretty good. Maybe ill give it a run.

One poster said it made their Engine "The Quietest it has ever been," Purple color aside.
thumbsup2.gif

So! What Stores?

WM = 5W-30 and 10W-30; Fail. I seek RP xW-40.
Advance Auto Parts = Same. Fail. I seek an xW-40, or hey, even 20W-50, RP.

When i get Bored.. I change my Oil.

thumbsup2.gif

Check around. In my area NAPA, O'Reilly, and Pep Boys all stock a good selection of Royal Purple fluids. I've used RP 10w40 in my '99 Jeep's 5-speed GL-4 and GL-5 allergic transmission (Mopar now recommends synthetic 10w40 engine oil for that application) and I got it at Pep Boys.

Originally Posted By: HangerHarley
Consistent with the seeming Resurgence of Royal Purple, I wonder where I can pick up some Royal Purple 0W-40 Or 15W-40 (even 10W-40 or 20W-50, why not) at Stores. All I see is RP 5W-30 and 10W-30, and this oil seems pretty good. Maybe ill give it a run.

One poster said it made their Engine "The Quietest it has ever been," Purple color aside.
thumbsup2.gif

So! What Stores?

WM = 5W-30 and 10W-30; Fail. I seek RP xW-40.
Advance Auto Parts = Same. Fail. I seek an xW-40, or hey, even 20W-50, RP.

When i get Bored.. I change my Oil.

thumbsup2.gif

Hey Harley,if you were local,I`d trade you my cases of RP 20W50 and 15W40 for some Pennzoil GT Racing 25W50 :^)

Originally Posted By: HangerHarley

So, in Canada, I can get more varieties of Royal Purple readily than one can in the States? Ain't that a kick in the head.

I guess I've got a good supplier. He has them all, including 0w-40, 5w-40, 15w-40, and 20w-50. That doesn't help you much, though. Check online. At least Amazon will ship to you.
wink.gif

O'Reilly's as has been said. They have 0w40 quarts and 15w40 gallon jugs around my parts. The gallon jug is at a good price. O'Reilly's has a current special too, 5 quarts + K&N filter for $40

As already been said, O'Reilly Auto parts has 0w40 weight RP available.

I was there last weekend getting my oil filter and saw it on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: Deltona_Dave
You can try Jegs or Summit Racing, they have some different weights, although they promote Redline for racing.

Dave

Funny thing is,even though they promote Redline,they dont carry the 0w30 weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back