ELF oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, what is the opinion of the board on ELF Excellium LDX 5W-40?

Thought I would use this in my '06 GTI with the 2.0T FSI engine. Currently use M1 0W-40.

Thanks!

David

right now im running ELF LDX 5w40 on my 2004 BMW X3. Compare to the M1 0w40 w/c i have also used before. The ELF is not noisy(valve clatter) during early morning start up and i got it cheap at my local auto store for $26.99 for 1 jug equivalent to 5 liters. I like this oil better but, unfortunately i dont have oil analysis data to prove it.

Not much interest in this oil I guess. Orics, what store did you buy the Elf LDX 5-40 from? I'm heading that way (Chicago) for Thanksgiving and thought I would pick up some instead of ordering online.

Thanks!

David

Maverick Auto store

Diversey and N. central Ave.
They have also Pentosin 5w40 and 5w30 as well as ELF LDX 5w40 and SXR 5w30.
gud luck...

I used this oil in my Altima's this summer and was pleased with it. Got good gas milage on the highway same as the GC I ran last summer. Cars were quiet and they ran real smooth too. Overall I think this is a decent oil.

I'm was going to use the Excellium LDX 5-40 but after doing more research I feel that perhaps the LubroMoly 0W-40 might be a better product.

I might be wrong but isn't ELF a group III vs the LubroMoly at a group IV?

I just got done reading about the drastic change at M1 going to a group III. Now I'm more gun shy about other brands and their base stocks.

I'm sure a group III can be just fine but I prefer a group IV if I'm paying $6-$8 a quart.

David

Motul 8100 E-tech is probably better than both Elf LDX and Lubromoly..
Why not GC (green or gold)??

I might be interested in trying GC but its just not available around my neck of the woods.

I think the AutoZone stores think I'm slightly wacked. I drop in every now and then and rumage through the Castrol display looking for the 0W-30 bottles with "made in Germany" on them.

So far no luck. To bad a distributer of Castrol products won't step up to the plate and offer this stuff on line.

I've thought about the Motul 8100 E-tech in 0W-40. Is a Ester base a group V?

David

for you information, i use Liqui-Moly 5W-40, and i love it. great product. i will be taking a sample for UOA on my next oil change... but that won't be for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back