Electric pressure washer maintenance?

When out of season I see folks running pump lube/chemical in gas washers. Any such requirement for electrics?

I don't recall any special requirements for my electric. It's probably 20 years old now, all I've ever done is shake out the water from the pump when I'm done.

When out of season I see folks running pump lube/chemical in gas washers. Any such requirement for electrics?
Yes if you are in a freezing climate. Pump is the same as a gas unit. I run the lube/anti-freeze through to chase out the water to protect the pump from freezing.

I when I finish using my electric I disconnect the hoses then turn the unit on for about a second or two to pump the access water out of the pump. I've always stored it in non climate controlled conditions without any issues.

I when I finish using my electric I disconnect the hoses then turn the unit on for about a second or two to pump the access water out of the pump. I've always stored it in non climate controlled conditions without any issues.
Doesn't work so well when temps get below 0 in MN. I have no idea where the OP is from. I only use the lube/antifreeze before I put mine away for winter.

The pump lube/antifreeze is really just to push the water out. Water is the only lube the pump needs when running. You could just use RV antifreeze to flush the pump out and at $3/gal its much cheaper than the pressure washer stuff.

Doesn't work so well when temps get below 0 in MN. I have no idea where the OP is from. I only use the lube/antifreeze before I put mine away for winter.
I'm never using mine during 0* weather, only in the spring and summer so giving it a couple seconds to expel the water from the pump after use has worked fine in my case. It's not uncommon for us to see temperatures from single digits to negative single digits.

I'm never using mine during 0* weather, only in the spring and summer so giving it a couple seconds to expel the water from the pump after use has worked fine in my case. It's not uncommon for us to see temperatures from single digits to negative single digits.
I don't use mine either in those temps, but it sits in my garage for the winter. I bought a $5 bottle of Karcher Lube/Antifreeze 7 years ago when I got the pressure washer and it still isn't used up yet. It connects directly to the water inlet. Mine is gas so I pull it over a few times until the water is chased out before winter storage. I felt this may be a little better for the pump than running it dry, but a second or 2 probably doesn't matter.

Back