Electric Grill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dare I ask it?

ACE Hardware has a Char-Broil "Patio" grill on sale this weekend, almost half-off. Choice of Propane or Electric. I'm not in a condo so there's no restriction on the type of grill, but I'm debating going electric to avoid the propane tank hassles. Poked around online and found some reviews, mostly positive.

Thoughts? Is this sacrilige?

Contrary to Hank Hill's famous, "You're tasting the heat, not the meat..." statement, my wife insists on charcoal.

But I may get the electric patio grill anyway....but not for grilling. No. My wife would not tolerate the switch to electric heat for grilling. "Might as well pan fry it inside..."
It would be to more easily maintain a set temperature in my smoker.

It'll require some adaptation and modification and likely complete destruction of the patio grill.
smile.gif
Sounds like my kind of project!

Electric is suitable unless you really love that charbroil taste.
Propane if you NEED one for hurricane preparedness + lovely charbroil taste.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
Contrary to Hank Hill's famous, "You're tasting the heat, not the meat..." statement, my wife insists on charcoal.

But I may get the electric patio grill anyway....but not for grilling. No. My wife would not tolerate the switch to electric heat for grilling. "Might as well pan fry it inside..."
It would be to more easily maintain a set temperature in my smoker.

It'll require some adaptation and modification and likely complete destruction of the patio grill.
smile.gif
Sounds like my kind of project!

No need to destroy it, just tack a smoke box on the side and a little vent opposite end,it werkz.

I have a Jenn-Air indoor grill on my stove, electric.

It sees a lot of use in the winter, but for the summer I use my gas/charcoal/smoker combo.

The indoor electric is really great for fish tho.

I had a smaller (10") electric grill thing while stationed in the dorms (air force) in Korea. It pretty much s*cked. It did the job, but didn't make the grade. I got a small charcoal grill. If forced to make a choice between elec and gas, it'd be bottles every time. They really aren't that much hassle once you get the hang of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back