Electric cars cheaper than gas ones by 2020, says Chinese battery supplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like one
smile.gif

Maybe Chinese electric cars....

I wonder if Majumder thinks electrical generation and distribution as well, is going to increase in capacity "Overnight"

Ok. Here is my life experience. We are supposed to have maglev trains by now. See any mag tracks? Supposed to have flying cars. We don't and with the level of stupidity going on I don't think we need them. We are supposed to have highway systems that will get our cars to automatically go to a destination. I don't see those yet. So these batteries. I won't hold my breath and I wonder if they wouldn't just explode while charging anyway.

Originally Posted by PeterPolyol
Maybe Chinese electric cars....

I wonder if Majumder thinks electrical generation and distribution as well, is going to increase in capacity "Overnight"

What's their standard in China - 1 li-ion-related death from explosion per 1,000 vehicles built? Do you even six-sigma, (Chinese) bro!?

Those of us in the frozen north will get about half capacity so long trips will be a hassle. We like to do about 500 miles a day driving to FL from NH and can`t imagine the stress that would be added in an all electric vehicle.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I am having solar panels installed.
Gonna hafta get me one of those Teslas...

Better increase the panels by a 100 fold.

In other news...

The Indian automakers were supposed to come a decade ago.

The Chinese automakers were supposed to come a decade ago.

The French automakers were supposed to come a decade ago.

Must be a slow news day.

Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I am having solar panels installed.
Gonna hafta get me one of those Teslas...

Better increase the panels by a 100 fold.

The solar company engineers use a formula with numerous variables to determine your needs. They go 20% higher to make sure you do not need energy company electricity. One variable is an EV. I added even more than they recommended. We took delivery of the Tesla yesterday. With the panels and the tankless water heater, my energy costs are going way down. It will take 7 years or so to break even, then my electricity costs are close to zero. Including juicing the Tesla. All good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back