Anyone heard of RAMCAR batteries?

I've been looking for replacement batteries for my Duramax, and while searching, came across a local distributor that claims to have wholesale pricing, and is open to the public. Looking on their website, I can find batteries for my truck for half the price of almost anywhere else.

The distributor is https://albertabattery.com/. Warranty is local only, they are not part of any distributor network that would allow warranty claims elsewhere. I called them up today, and one of the questions I asked was who made their batteries, fully expecting it to be one of the big three.

But they aren't made by one of the big three. Guy on the phone was upfront, said the company is called RAMCAR, and they are made in their factory in the Philippines. I've never heard of this company before, and can't really find any reviews on their batteries. Though a bit of an unknown, at half the price if not even more than half, and needing two batteries, $200 instead of $400+ sure is tempting.

The truck sees 95% of its use from spring to fall, and the remaining 5% through the winter. Primary use is as an extra vehicle for the house when a car isn't around and one of us needs a vehicle, to haul the occasional large or heavy item, and the whole reason we bought in the first place, is to tow our fifth wheel. About to embark on our first long-haul trip with the trailer in many years, I need to make sure the batteries that are hanging on by a thread are replaced with new ones.

Thoughts? Experiences with RAMCAR? Seems like at half price, I am sure I can get more than half the life of a typical big three battery, making this a relatively low risk proposition.

Googling more, I found some group 31 batteries through the local Cummins distributor. A bit more at $112 per battery, but I think I can sleep better with these, not to mention a 15 minute drive versus a 30+ minute drive to buy them. If the pictures online are accurate, they look like East Penn/Deka.

Only concern is the posts are only the screw tops. I believe there are adapters out there. Any issues with going this route?

Still curious about RAMCAR just for future knowledge.

If you replace your cable terminals with lug eyes, you have a much wider choice of group 31 from the big truck market.

Found a post saying they've been around for over 30 years and used to have an American factory.

"When Ramcar Battery changed to envelope separators in 1991 for their flooded batteries. RV jar warranties dropped 7% at the receiving dock, according to then president of Ramcar, Mark Daugherty. This man had no bluster to him, at least not when I conversed with him. He was honest and candid and Larry his Filipino/American chief engineer was fun to work with. Many of Ramcar's batteries came from the Philippines and the vendors I represented agreed with Mr. Daugherty that the made in Philippines batteries had 60% less warranty claims than the made in USA Ramcar battery. Everyone was mystified. I hypothesized climate had a significant role in the disparity. The extraneous manufactured battery turned out to be made in 30C and 65% R/H conditions. Up went the temperature and humidity and length of time spent in the greening room, and down went the open batch time for plate paste material. The disparity was narrowed significantly. Mr. Daugherty gifted me an open purchase with US battery. I drove away with 24 L-16 batteries. Their sale help fund my Captain Gizmo pulse charging futility."
from: https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28013077/print/true/single/true.cfm

Also found a post saying they own all the KFCs in the Philippines so it looks like they're backed by big money.

Screen Shot 2023-07-07 at 8.17.07 AM.jpg

Back